Go Bottom

MF 231S - how to start

View my Photos
rpetty
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-10          173943

Hey Guys, new to MF. Just arrived at my Father in-laws place to help with mainenance (he is ill). He has a MF 231S.

How do i start this machine? I saw it running about 4 weeks ago. Not sure what combination of pedals need to be pushed to get it to start.

-Rick

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

MF 231S - how to start

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-11          173954

First hope you father in law health.

I think that tractor has a pull out knob on the lower right side of the front console to cut it off and if so you need to push it in first. As to pedals the only one you should need to depress would be the clutch. The PTO should be out of gear but would be hard to beleive an experienced operator would cut it off with PTO still engaged.

MF 231S - how to start

View my Photos
rpetty
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-13          173998

Thanks. My wife had to come and start the tractor,....lol.... It ended up being that not only does the trasmission have to be in nuetral, but alos the gearbox for high/low. Runs fine, again thanks for commenting.

He does have another MF, older model, that has the pull swithch that you described. ....

MF 231S - how to start

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-09-13          174003

Good you have such a good partner there. I like the fact you are helping out your father in law. Speaks well of you. Learned a lot from mine. Wish he was still here to help each other. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login