Go Bottom

Help needed with purchasing Massey Ferguson 5445

View my Photos
marcus10
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-30          176028

Hi, i'm sure that old members of the forum may not like this type of topic, but i have no choice, i have to write a post here to gather important informations.

My father is in charge of purchasing a Massey Ferguson 5445. He has a $50K budget. We have one tractor on our own, but it's not a Massey, and we don't have any experiences with those machines. I want ask you a couple of questions, becouse i don't want my father to have problems.

We are located in Huston, and we need to buy a Massey fast (till the end of January). We are ready for transporting this machine long-distance. Below i paste link to a category with massey tractors on some website. As far as see there 50K i enough to buy this tractor.
But what should i pay attention to? i can make s.o.s, but what else? And do you know any company that can transport this tractor, and what is the cost per mile?
I'm waiting for you replies. Each help highly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Link:   Massey Ferguson tractors

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-30          176032

"We are located in Huston, and we need to buy a Massey fast (till the end of January). We are ready for transporting this machine long-distance. Below i paste link to a category with massey tractors on some website. As far as see there 50K i enough to buy this tractor.
But what should i pay attention to? i can make s.o.s, but what else? And do you know any company that can transport this tractor, and what is the cost per mile?"

It might help if you told us why you need to buy that particular model by that particular time, where you're shipping it to, why you wouldn't shop at its destination, and what "make s.o.s." means. ....

View my Photos
marcus10
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-30          176033

I don't know why this model and what is it for exactly, but i think. I'll my old man.
And s.o.s is an oil sample on all componants. This will give me a good idea what it's like inside. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-30          176045

Link did not tell me but my thought is buying used from all comments you made (oil sample). If so look at the sites for used machines such as equipmenttraderonline.com
You might want to check out Agco's own site for machines. NOt sure on theirs but most have the ability to find a certain model from your location out and give you dealer's info. Of course price on line is only that.

Hope you well in your hunt.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login