Go Bottom

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
fairwayfanny
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-05          176707

I have a 2010 MF1523 with an L80 loader. The problem I'm having is the frame braket bolts to the engine keep coming loose. Anybody having that same problem. The dealer tells me you have to keep checking those on a regular basis. Funny they didn't tell me that when they sold it to me. Because I never would of purchased it if they had. Does anybody know of a fix to this problem other than welding the brakets to the engine block. Just kidding but it has crossed my mind.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-05          176710

Is it nuts loosening on bolts? ....

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
fairwayfanny

2011-02-06          176719

There's eight 12 x 1.75mm bolts on each side. After the first time they came out I installed new bolts with medium strenght locktite. Monday I am calling the dealer to see what they can do about this problem. This tractor only has 78 hours on it. I'm wondering if studs would be a better fix to the problem. Not sure what to do at this point. ....

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-06          176722

I take it that the originals came out, and so did your replacements. (Loktite won't work if you don't remove the oil film that's on most new fasteners.)

Keeping nuts from loosening in a vibrating environment is routine. There are castelated nuts, double nuts, lock washers, high-strength thread-lock formulae, peening tools, etc. And the nuts and bolts should likely be high-grade and fine thread.

The dealer should solve it for you. ("I must have missed where it says in the owners manual that we're supposed to keep checking and tightening these nuts. Can you show me?")

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
fairwayfanny

2011-02-06          176724

Being a machinist for 40yrs I've done my share of removing broken bolts, heli coil work and the use of different locktite strengths. I personally think that its a poor design. Its asking a lot of those 8 12mm bolts on each side to handle the weight along with all the other operations of the loader. The information on the loader frame hardware and torque specs are on page 41 in the loader instruction manual. I'll be calling the service department this week and see what they have to say. I'm sure he is going to tell me what it says in the manual to keep checking them everytime I use it. As you probably know the bigger machines don't have this problem. I probably should trade this one towards a bigger machine. Well thats about it for know. ....

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-02-07          176736

Sorry for assuming you're a novice and for not knowing what you're asking. ....

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
fairwayfanny

2011-02-07          176737

No offense taken. There picking the tractor up tomorrow. I'll let them deal with it. When I first had the problem he told me to use the medium strenght loctite and now he's saying I should of used the high strenght. Can't wait to see if there any smarter. Have a good one. ....

loader brakets on 1523

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-02-07          176741

Right. The old "Whatever you did, you should have done something else" excuse. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login