Go Bottom

Massey Ferguson 135 Tractor Will Not Start

View my Photos
VOBSTERMAN
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-01-11          182026

I have a 135 that won't start. Got new battery and also rebuilt the starter because it was slugish. Still wont start. tried crossing the soleniod and get click but starter doesn't turn. Got a schemetic off the internet. It's a diesel and has no plugs. Im I missing something. If I cross the soleniod that should start it judging from the schemetic. Any body got any ideas.
tks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-01-12          182052

How about some more info? First you mean it does not turn over or run? Has it been working and just stopped or not been run in a good while? It not turning over are you sure all safety switches are in neutral and are working?

But check battery cable connections very carefully, well go ahead and remove from each end cleaning carefully to be sure you have great contact.

View my Photos
VOBSTERMAN

2012-01-14          182088

Won't start. I have pulled the starter again and will try attaching jumper cable to see if turns over. I did get a click from the soleniod but that is all. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-01-14          182091

My experience has been with a solenoid that clicks either it is bad or there is not sufficient current to turn the starter. Bad cables or connections could be the issue preventing the current (you installed new battery) a good path.

Be 100% the tractor is not in gear but have you tried jumper cables direct from battery to starter bypassing solenoid and cables? If that works then use a cable and bypass the solenoid to determine if the solenoid is okay. If it is then probably with battery cable ends. ....

View my Photos
kauaihi

2012-04-11          183112

vobsterman, did you ever find the problem with your kubota tractor of not starting? I'm getting the same problem as you had, with the solenoid clicking but not turning over the engine. Have a new starter and battery but the same thing. Thanks David ....

View my Photos
Murf

2012-04-12          183127

As Ken mentioned above, by far the biggest cause of this sort of thing is bad connections and / or cables.

Start at the battery and work to the starter and ignition switch and pull apart every connection and clean and reconnect them. Replace any terminals that are corroded or where the cable in to the terminal is full of corrosion, cut back the cable an inch or so until you are into clean cable.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-04-13          183144

I really don't understand why we find bad cable connection so hard to believe. Well till I have a real case of it doubted it also I guess. Had a cable it was tight and would not wiggle and pull it off and it looked good. Only problem was there was a glaze on the inside of the cable clamp that was preventing the current a clean path to flow, really had to scrap it out and has been fine since. Guess we want to believe it is never simple but seems simple is more often issue than the difficult in many issues. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login