Go Bottom

MF 245 need help with hydraulic 3 pt hitch leaking down

View my Photos
fordon44s
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-17          193139

hey guys im new here I have a customer with a MF 245 the 2 arms coming off the top of rearend for the 3pt hitch is dropping down with just a bush hog on it use to hold it up fine what could it be guy any info would greatly be appreciated thank u

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-07-20          193160

I am assuming this is new problem. But did it happen all at once or slowly get worse?

The only simple thing I can think of is the fluid is low or you have a control that is not set right. Check to be sure nothing is bumping the lift lever or is not slipping down on it's own. Past those would think issue in the lift itself. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-07-20          193161

Forgot to ask, you do mean when tractor is running and not after it is turn off, right? ....

View my Photos
arcwelder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-07-21          193164

Well, some general troubleshooting.
If you pick up on the arms, do they push down?
If so then the depth control may be on.
did something bump the arms up then they crashed down hard?
The I would suspect the arm or rod that goes to the piston may have punched through or cracked the piston (happened on a ford 8n I fixed.) Would have to take it apart to see.
If you lift, does it lift smoothly? If jumpy, could be that your pick up line has a pin hole and is sucking air.
This shows up as if the hydraulic fluid has water in it, but if you put the same fluid in a sealed jar, will turn clear and the level will drop when the air gets out of the oil.
The release control valve may be stuck open or open too much. This is the valve that slows the drop of the arms.

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/Default.aspx? to see a parts book. Click the link for Guest. Put in the model number You will need the serial number as there is the Massey Ferguson
245 (9A349239 AND UP) TRACTOR or before.
you can see the exploded views for the lift. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login