Go Bottom

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-20          175262

Either I'm real slow on the draw, or this Autos/Mercedes section is new. To me anyway. I've got a 1985 300CD turbo coupe and a 2006 E320 CDI sedan. Anyone wanting to chat about these or similar Benz, jump in.....

//greg//

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-03          175501

I have a 2006 S 600 AMG. 5.5L V12 twin turbo. When you start the engine it sounds like a jet engine spooling. ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
oneace

2010-12-03          175511

Which pivot pins? ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-03          175517

Ok guys. This has just blown clean past rude, and landed right in a pile of disgusting !!

//greg// ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
oneace

2010-12-04          175521

Sorry. Email me Jeff.

atonyhu@centurylink.net ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
oneace

2010-12-04          175522

So greg I guess my car is not similar and not worthy of discussion in your view? ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-04          175523

It was a continuation of that pivot pin business that screwed the pooch for me

Your car is fine, in fact extra-fine. I'd love to be able to afford that kind of performance, but I'm in the process of buying a John Deere that's on the north side of $40K.

With the turbo diesel, I have to do with 0-60 times around 6.8 sec. My purchases lean toward the fuel economy end of the scale. It may not be a rocket ship, but I definitely like the 40 mpg.

//greg// ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
Murf

2010-12-05          175533

This certainly wasn't the first time a thread's taken a proverbial 'left turn', but I fail to see how that is an issue, certainly not one that big.

I missed this thread the first time around.

I've got several Benz's too, an SL like Ace, an E sedan and an ML.

I had an older E sedan with that great little diesel at my place down south, but it got to the point where the insurance, license, etc. was costing more than what it would have cost me to just rent a car when I was down there. I sold it to my lawyer down there, he's still very happily driving it.

Best of luck. ....

Hi Mercedes owners

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-12-05          175536

I've got a 4th gen E-Class myself; a 1985 300CD Turbo coupe. It's in and out of semi-storage while I finish the restoration. I drive it periodically just to keep it somewhat limber, and to road test any work performed that is related to drivability. Insurance isn't bad though. I'm forced to buy full coverage, since anything less doesn't cover fire/theft/vandalism. And since it's a collectible (only 1291 '85 turbo coupes were manufactured), I'm paying extra for $12,000 worth of specified value classic car insurance. Even at that, we're only talking $380/year.

//greg// ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login