Go Bottom

How to identify Tractor Mitsubishi or Satoh from Serial Engine Code

View my Photos
bajawayne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-07-05          184151

Just picked up a little Mitsubishi 2 cyl. diesel tractor w/loader and bushhog.

Have had a Ford 9N and JD 3020 but am not well informed on imports.

Trying to figure out what exactly I bought.

Serial number is S 650 300148 and the engine block # is KE 130.

It has Mitsubishi decals on the hood (model unreadable) and an S on the grill (for Satoh?). The aluminum data plate is unreadable. From my searches it could be an early S650G or a S630 Bull or a S650 US spec Satoh.

The headlights are on the sides, not built in over the grill which makes me believe it's one of the earlier units sold while Mitsubishi and Satoh were merging. Didn't see where the the KE130 came in the gray markets but that's also a possibility.

Can anyone help me figure out what model this is? I have no clue on fluid types, levels, adjustments, or general service and troubleshooting. Are there any manuals available that even sort of relate to this thing? Right now there is an issue with the 3 point not operating, but since the loader works flawlessly on what I believe isthe same hyd. system, I'm suspecting the hyd. unit at the hitch.

The guy I got it from couldn't even tell me where or how to check the hyd. levels, good thing he only owned it a few months. Looks like the owner previous to him took good care of it so it's plenty savable. Looks like I wrote a book here but I'm in real need of a bunch of info.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-07-05          184152

The model number is the first 4 digits of the serial number: S650. But you'd have to go to a Satoh parts retailer to find out what year. All I can tell you is that it's somewhere in the 1973-1983 window.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bajawayne

2012-07-05          184153

Thanks for the reply. How do I tell if it's a gray market or US spec unit? Also, any ideas on where I can find a manual? ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-07-05          184154

My dabbling into the gray market wasn't extensive, but I don't recall such a thing as a US-spec Satoh. I'm inclined to think they're all gray market. Parts and books though, shouldn't be any more difficult than an internet search. click below, perhaps that will help you steer in the right direction.

//greg// ....

Link:   Satoh parts and manuals

View my Photos
bajawayne

2012-07-05          184156

Greg, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for the manuals. I thought that I read that when Mitsubishi and Satoh merged some of the tractors sere rebadged and sold in the US under the Mitsubishi name. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a gray for sure. At least it's not made out of plastic like the newer ones. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login