Go Bottom

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
jadditur
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-15          117903

i think the kubota 900's are way too noisy. does anyone know if there are sound suppressors or special mufflers to curb the noise. i have to wear ear cups. looks like kubota could engineer a better muffler for this diesel engine? any info?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-15          117907

Have you checked the exaust system for leaks?

My RTV wasn't that loud. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-15          117908

A good diesel fuel additive might reduce the noise a fair amount. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
Art White

2005-10-15          117950

That is one thing that I've not heard before. I'd compare yours to some others before I'd go looking for a solution. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
njrass

2005-10-15          117952

Hi Everyone,
I have to agree the RTV 900 is very noisy in comparison to the mule. I realize it is a diesel but there sure was a lot of vibration. I have a kubota 3430 tractor and want to get a RTV in spring but my wife says she likes the mule because when we are working in the field she will be able to hear me give directions for the next task.(wife is driving and I am spraying trees) Is there any after market things to make it a bit more quiet or are we being to critical. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
jadditur

2005-10-16          117960

surely there must be a noise suppressor for small diesel engines? the loudness is mainly in the low range of sound and keeps noise tests within the 90 decibel range. i have installed foam under the bed but it doesnt work. surely kubota engineers can develop an answer to this problem. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-10-16          117969

Is it a rattle or engine noise. I have found a panel behind the battery will vibrate and make a heck of a racket, just push it away if thats it. If they could incorperate the muffler off the mini excavators that would take care of the engine noise ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
nhrockcrusher

2005-10-16          117990

The main source of noise from my RTV seems to be from things vibrating like mad on the metal floor in the bed. With the limited space in the engine area and length of the exhaust, a different muffler may be the only option. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
Gearhead

2005-10-16          117992

The panel i mentioned will make that kind of noise also check you gaurd aroud the muffler, they also have a new plastic piece that goes between the tail gate and the bed side to help with tailgate noise. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
jadditur

2005-10-16          117993

does anyone know of a muffler that would fit the kubota rtv, muffle the sound down,.and not blowback to weaken the diesel engine. there are lots of these for a gasolene engine but ive not found info about one fitting a diesel. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
treeman

2007-11-27          148769

The early years of the RTV were known to vibrate there front drive shaft. They would get worse with age. The newer ones clamp on the splines so they don't rattle. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
deershooter

2009-10-15          166351

My kubota was very loud too all you havae to do is turn the idiling down on the side of the engin ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
Art White

2009-10-21          166447

I found one that I actually bent the rear sides in for the dump box and the rattle went away. ....

kubota rtv 900

View my Photos
motormadness

2010-05-01          170479

Noise comes from the engine as well as vibration of the bed and frame.

This is a simple problem to solve but not without a certain amount of expense.

The BOTA is different than others because it is designed as a work vehicle, not a toy.

So...all that metal needs a little dampening.

I am in the process of correcting my 900 and will be happy to post my mods to date.

I do agree that the two guards under the dump bed should be better designed and in my case they were the first.

Below is a copy of the text of a .doc I have developed and am in the process of completing. So no pictures here. Product used is from DYNAMAT.

Bill

Kubota 2008 RTV 900 Noise Abatement Project.
The project is designed to reduce the mechanical noise of the 3 cylinder diesel engine as well as the vibration of sheet metal harmonics on the Kubota.
What I have completed
1. Picture 1 is of the underside of the dump bed and shows the installation of the Xtreme Dynamat material.
2. 2. Picture 2 is of the back side of the seating module and some of the Dynamat can be seen from this angle.

Picture 3 Shows a bit more of the installed Dynamat

The next step will be to install Hoodliner over the Dynamat. I have built an aluminum cover for the underside of the dump bed but this may not be required. The plate is being held in position for the picture with a “cow stick”, plans are to use self tapping screws to mount it to the dump bed cross members before the application of Dyanmat products. The center rectangle is to allow clearance for a hydraulic cylinder for a dump system. This Kubota does not have the lift kit but maybe later I can install one.
3. Picture 4 is a view of what amounts to the engine bay. A problem with this installation will be to add a frame to finish out the engine bay’s mounts so we can install Dynamat in a continuous manner, this to limit noise leaks. Not a big deal but something that needs to be considered if a “KIT” is developed.
This is a picture of the Hoodliner over the Engine bay. Happy to say that it can be used with very little waste, even if it is cut to match the Dynamat material installed now or if it is installed directly to the aluminum plate I made. Yup, I know it is upside down but the picture looks better this way!
Other steps to develop an installation package,
A. Install Dynadeck in the dump bed’s deck. Currently I have a horse stall mat that is recycled tire material. If I had known about Dynamat before I purchased the Horse Stall Mat material I could have saved some money. But nothing was really lost for it proved to me that I was on the right track.
B. Install Dynadeck in the floor board area of the front seat.
C. Install Dynaplate under the floor board area.
D. Install Dynaplate in the front wheel wells.
E. Install some variant of Dynapad under the lift up seat. Currently this area has a bit of a noise leak which I was unable to isolate with the Xtreme Dyanmat due to the design of the plastic molded seat housing.
F. With the addition of a frame to support the planned Dynamat products we will be able to complete an engine/transaxle bay that will reduce the noise from “as built” Kubota design.
I have purchased and installed one pack of 9 sheets of Xtreme Dynamat . With the pictures of the current install complete I will install the Hoodliner, as soon as I decide if adding the aluminum plate to the bottom of the dump bed is worth the effort.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login