Go Bottom

Increasing ground clearance on Mule

View my Photos
John in Colorado
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-09          57175

My Mule 3010 Diesel is great, with one exception - the ground clearance is fairly low. Any ideas on raising this without spending too much? I thought about higher tires (anyone want a set of new tires and wheels?). There are probably lift kits out there, does anyone have any experience with these? I use the unit for working my mountain property - skidding logs, etc. Thanks for any input.

John

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-09          57179

John if power and not top end speed is your goal, putting larger tires on your Mule will not achieve what you want unless you lower the gear ratio in accordance with the increase the tires will create.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
itsgottobegreen
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-07          65730

If you do a little afro engineering you can make anything work. Try a 4x4 shop they might have a lift kit from a small forgein pick truck that might work. Or put heaver do spring on it to raise up the front end. ....

View my Photos
xcountryracer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-24          111451

Check out Essex Manufacturing in Grapevine, Texas. They have a great website and make aftermarket products for Mules, Kubota's etc. Their lift kits and larger specialty tires built with kevlar will make yours a "super Mule", Kubota etc.. You won't believe the difference it will make in your vehicle's performance and you will love dealing with Dan. He is a very nice guy to deal with and extremely helpful. Good Luck! ....

View my Photos
AnnBrush

2005-05-25          111540

John,
If you have a farrier put shoes on your mule it will increase the clearance a little (by approx 1/4" for standard $8.00 shoes), hope that helps.
Ann Brush ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2005-05-26          111554

Howzcome I didn't think of that?? I am getting slow in my old age.....

But, it does engender a thought (in a manner of speaking). I wonder if it is more important to increase the ground clearance on a male mule, as opposed to the female.

More parts to get hung up in the brush, eh? ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-05-26          111564

"More parts to get hung up in the brush, eh?"

Maybe so. Then again they're sterile right? They don't need the "package" anyway.
Dave ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-05-26          111565

I suspect there's many a male, two-legged & four, that would strongly disagree with that statement.

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-05-26          111569

Murf, I thought of exactly that as I pushed the post message button. I was suddenly reminded of my own little surgery. :) ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login