Go Bottom

Newbie - Difference between DA and ust A tractors

View my Photos
adamshatch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-27          105058

Hello all,

I am new to this board and new to the tractor buying game in general. I deceided it is time to replace my 18 HP craftsman that I currently use to snowblow my 700 ft downhill driveway. I want to get a backhoe and loader attachment for my purchase, but my #1 priority is a front mount snowblower. I have done a bit of research on the NH tractors think they might be the way to go. Could someone please tell me the difference between a DA tractor and an A tractor? NH's website is pretty vague on this one. Thanks in advance for your help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-27          105075

Gear tranny A or hydro DA. But that really only holds true for the TC35-45. The TC21-33 are all DA regardless or tranny option. Just for your info if you are getting a front mount blower the hydro will be cheaper than the gear because the mid pto is a dealer installed option on all gear drive trannies. And the install time is about 5 hours and they will pass the labor on to the price of the tractor. ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-27          105082

LOOK INTO THE ERSKINE SNOW BLOWERS ,THEY USE A DRIVE SHAFT TO YOUR REAR PTO IF YOU WANT TO SAVE EVEN MORE ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-28          105126

Not really. The Erskine is about 2 grand more than the front mount New Holland. Not to mention a real pain in the a$$ to put on and off. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login