Go Bottom

CNH goes Back to work

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-19          108329

Was it worth it? NOPE! We did gain on a few subjects in the contract but unless you plan to retire under this contract we will not earn back what we lost and are going to lose.(from the last contract) I believe I am still going to actively seek that other job, just now it makes it all that much harder to justify leaving at this time.
I am happy we are going back on the job but it is funny how I needed 1 1/2 more weeks to get to spring brak to take that family vacation. Now we can not go since 2 weeks a year vacation does not fit in to this.
Anyway we are back to work on Monday, I start at 10am. They told us that we will be required to clean for the first week to two weeks to get the company back in working order. This comes from the barganing committee. They were told that we are required to do this as part of our return. I can't wait to see what the place looks like. I have a feeling its so bad that most of the 94% that voted for this garbage contract are going to realize that we could of rolled the dice a bit more. (Of course my opinion is biased since I want a reason to pack my bags LOL)
My situation will be up to my spouse. The decision to move NOW will have to be unanimous between myself and wife.
Thanks guys/gals for listening to my BIT^*&#'s for the last 5 months. It helped to get it out.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

CNH goes Back to work

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-19          108333

Best of Luck! I hope things turn out better than you expect (wishful thinking, I know). Keep us in the loop. ....

CNH goes Back to work

View my Photos
jamese

2005-03-20          108406

BROKEN,,(more now than ever LOL) clean up what? I wish you all the best luck,,it was such a strong company,,it seems a shame FIAT is doing that to us in the USA! ....

CNH goes Back to work

View my Photos
wolftownjeff
Posts: 27 Madison Co. VA near the Sheandoah National Park.

2005-03-31          109210

I am glad the guys have a place to go back to if they need to.

What a long strange trip that was.

Let's hope the fired workers find something that pays enough to live on.

Lets hope American attiudes towards labor changes.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login