Go Bottom

NH TC29DA vs Kubota L2800HST

View my Photos
Shadetaker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-26          112798

Subject statement says it all... These are the choices I have come down too. I'd like some input from you folks. I've been impressed with what I've read so far, regarding your ideas about these tractors.

Things I know about the Kubota are the jerky motion of the 3pth. I think in large part this may be operator caused or excessive engine RPM's while trying to make slight adjustments to the 3pth itself.

I've heard nothing negative in a mechanical scense about the NH line of tractors, however I'm not impressed that they've replaced part of their work force with inmates from the local prison. That move is just wrong on several fronts. Please don't take that last statement as a way to politely open a huge can of worms...

Any input by you folks would be great.

Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
tractorbrad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-06-27          112809

What are your needs ?? Will these tractors do most of the tasks that are required by you easily ?? What did you think of the tractors when sat on them and drove them at the dealerships ?? Which dealership did you feel most comfortable with as you are buying into people at the dealership as much as you are buying a machine. A lot of people buy the 33 instead of the 29 due to the fact that they both weigh the same, the price is very close and you get a few more PTO hp. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-27          112813

The three point hitch problem is a matter of adjustment by the tractor operator on a Kubota! The inmates were used while an extended strike by the unions basically closed some plants, interesting enough the quality control stayed at the same level at the dealers end and the inmates were not used in the factory that builds the TC-s or DX CNH tractors. Now the biggest thing that should be of concern that does have merit is what you have for jobs to do and the attachments you want to use with the tractor to do the work. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-06-28          112877

I know nothing of Kubotas, but do own a 2003 TC33D 4x4 hydro with Super Steer and R-4 tires. The seat is spring-suspended for a decent ride, plenty of power (I pulled my fully-loaded 5yd dump trailer with it in 2nd range high with no problems---total weight was around 16,000 lbs.), has cruise control, selectable/lockable 4x4, steering wheel tilts and telescopes. Don't like the cutting brakes on the right-hand side though--makes the left-hand brake useless. Warranty was decent: 2yrs "bumper-to-lower link" (hahaha) and 3yrs drivetrain only. No major problems. I run a 5' brush hog, 6' box scraper, or a 6' power box rake (Harley rake) with it all the time commercially. It's a good size and easily trailered. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login