Go Bottom

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
mark527
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-02          115820

Hello everyone:

I just bought a new house with 6 acres. 5 acres will be for two horses. I am a newbie to farm type tractors. I have been looking at the New Holland TC-30 which appears to be a very nice and reliable machine. I am Trying to get the best deal with the most useful machine. Though I am capable I don't want to spend a lot of time tinkering with it like I have read with the Jinma's and others.

I am undecided though if I should get one with a bucket or just a tractor. Most of the use will be for general stuff like snow and mowing. But would I be short sighted if I did not get a loader. Loaders do come in handy at times.

I can get one with 60 hrs on it 4x4, w/the loader for $13,500, or a new 4x4 with out a loader for $12,500. Are these good prices and what are some of your opinions on getting a quick attachment loader for my application?

Does this machine have any nuances that I should know about?

Thanx for all your help.It is greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-02          115829

Definitely get the loader. It doubles the utility of the tractor and you'll use it for more than you think. Does the used one have any warranty left? ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
mark527

2005-09-02          115846

yes it only has about 60 hours on it. The guy bought it 4 months ago. But did not listen to the salesman-who I know pretty good, and has about 80 or so acres. The salesman said to get the 75 model with the cab. so he traded it in for that one.

I just came back from another NH dealer and he wanted 16,999 w/o the loader and 19,999 with the loader and the digger bucket installed. I went to the massey furgusson and they seem to be very expensive. It looks like the deal I have is not too bad. thanx for you help. Please add more if you feel. i can use all the help.

We have two cast iron frying pans and I hate to feel them being wacked by my wife in the back of my head for making a dumb purchase. Ha! ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-02          115855

I've got the TC33D with SuperSteer and love it. If you can afford it the hydro-drive is a must have especially with a loader. SuperSteer (or rather "$uper$steer"---kinda pricey) is great for close-quarter use such as mowing around trees. If you haven't demo'd one --try it! With the D or newer DA you get a spring-suspension seat, tilt and telescoping stering wheel, cruise control, selectable differential lock, and automatic sensing 4x4 which for mowing nice lawn ---doesn't engage until it needs to so you don't scuff the lawn when turning tightly. I don't have a loader (have other equipment for that) but if I did it all over again I would get it next time. You could get forks that clamp onto the bucket for moving bales of hay or firewood (eBay has them). If you get a loader be sure to remind the dealer to adjust the relief setting for the loader itherwise you won't be able to lift like it should. ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
jimbrown

2005-09-02          115861

I do not care what tractor you buy but get it with a loader it is the single most useful accessory there is. I would consider mine worthless with out the loader. ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
Newbie750

2005-09-30          117164

I recently bought a TC30 with FWD and the 7308 loader with a 5ft. finishing mower. I've been satisfied with the tractor itself though not as happy with my dealer. On the plus side NH is running a special 60mo 0% offer on the TC29D,TC30 and TC33D if purchased with a front end loader (FEL). So when using someone else's money for free go for the kit and koboodle.
The FEL has been useful from leveling dirt to knocking dead branches from trees. Only negative is that they load your tires which might mark your lawn if the ground is wet.
The cost was $16,500 with hydro, FWD and FEL. I paid an extra $1,440 for mechanical cruise, new 6 ft. box blade and a used 5 ft. finishing mower. ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
jcdozier

2005-10-02          117250

I have a TC30 with the 7308 loader and a Bush Hog Model 12 rotary mower. I highly recommend getting a front end loader (FEL) - it makes the tractor the handiest heavy-duty wheel-barrow you could ever want. I use it to move rocks, soil, sand, and brush piles. I also use it to lift heavy "stuff", most recently taking a PTO tiller out of the back of my truck.

Since the Bush Hog is used for brush and field work and not lawn mowing, I don't worry about the FEL loading the front wheels and marking the lawn. If that's a concern, why not use a mid-mount mower and remove the FEL before mowing the lawn? ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
WhiteOak1

2005-10-03          117325

I just bought a TC35 with a FEL,along with a lot of other things. The price for the trctor and loader in Woodland, CA was $19,000.00. I wanted a backhoe as well so I chose to go with the 35. When I compared specs with the ones I was comparing, the NH had them beat. I don't get mine untill next week because they had to order in the hoe I wanted as well as a couple of other goodies. I wasn't interested in the Super Steer, but there is some interesting posts on this site about it. I agree with the others, you can't go wrong with the loader. ....

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
1fastang

2005-10-11          117716

I recently bought a TC 30 with Loader, Mid mount mower (5 ft.)R4 tires with rear loaded, block heater, 4 wheel drive. and hydrostat. All New Holland , PAID $16000.00.
Also bought a 5 foot first choice tiller and planted a couple acres of food plots for deer.
Boy what a differense from a 641 ford.
You will regret getting one with out the fel loader.
Only takes minutes to attach or tke off loader or mower.

looking at the TC-30

View my Photos
tedavis

2005-10-15          117936

I just purchased the TC30 with the loader and a Bush hog backhoe. It has been everything I expected. I would also recommend the loader, although I had the graple attachment added since I like to move brush and trees. The 0% financing was also a plus. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login