Go Bottom

BEAGLE Help Please

View my Photos
Jellieman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-18          119529

Hey Beagle, Could you please post a list of parts on how you put on the work lights on your tractor? I am looking at putting lights on my TC24 and I would like some advice from those who have "been there - done that".

Thanks guys.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

BEAGLE Help Please

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-19          119541

The first thing you want to verify is your dyno/alternator capacity. Each 50 watt lamp will need about 4 amps. Limit your lights to 80% of your alternator capacity, or upgrade your alternator.'

For a wiring harness, run 14ga wire for lights. The larger the wire, the less resistance and less draw on the system. If you don't use an auxiliary fuse line from the box, add a inline fuse to your new harness.

We fabricated the mounts and used holes that were already in the ROPS structure. If you don't have holes that you can use, clamp to the ROPS with 2"x3" u-bolts. It isn't recommended to drill or weld to the ROPS. We ran the harnesses through the ROPS and came out at the hinge. The switch is just an in-line toggle switch that I used an extra bolt hole in the rear fender for mounting.

Should be pretty straight forward from there. Just make sure you have the juice to run whatever lights you have in mind. ....

BEAGLE Help Please

View my Photos
Jellieman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-19          119550

Thanks for the help. Where did you buy your lights? Automotive shop? The NH dealer has lights here (50W) for $37 each, but I wasn't sure that was a good price. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login