Go Bottom

tc 29 enough tractor price

View my Photos
roger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-02          128717

I am looking at the 29 to mow weeds on 10 acres, grade my
driveway ,rotatill 1 acre garden, and tune up a 1 acre riding arena for my daughter. I may disc the same. Im worried its not enough tractor! Then there is price. I was Quoted tractor 17k with 14LA loader and three point hydrolic added for my 5 foot gannon box scraper. Remember this is california... and that was with0ut tax.!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-02          128727

It should be plenty. I have TC33D (hydrostat and Super Steer) and I use it commercially to pull a 5' brushhog, 6' box scraper. I don't need a loader for it (I have other equipment for that)

What did you mean about the 3-point hitch? All modern tractors come with 3-pt hitches.

As far as loader work or even grass cutting, opt for the hydro drive TC, or better go with the "D" or "DA" which you get the hydro, a suspension seat, cruise/speed control, and a telescoping/tilting steering wheel among other goodies. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-02          128728

It should be plenty. I have TC33D (hydrostat and Super Steer) and I use it commercially to pull a 5' brushhog, 6' box scraper. I don't need a loader for it (I have other equipment for that)

What did you mean about the 3-point hitch? All modern tractors come with 3-pt hitches.

As far as loader work or even grass cutting, opt for the hydro drive TC, or better go with the "D" or "DA" which you get the hydro, a suspension seat, cruise/speed control, and a telescoping/tilting steering wheel among other goodies. ....

View my Photos
CORNROW
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-02          128763

Sure, it should be able to do all that. I have a TC30. Mowed 15 or so acres, tilled two acres and enjoyed doing it. It will take a little time cutting 10 acres with 5 ft. But such is done by many. Just know that it will take most of the day going into it. The price must be about right. I was shown such a TC29 before I went with the 30. Its price here in GA was close to yours. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-05-03          128772

I love my TC29 (650 trouble-free hours), but if I was mowing 10 acres and tilling 1, I'd want a bigger tractor. It will handle a 60" tiller and 5' Bush Hog OK, but the going can be slow.

If I didn't use my 29 to mow the yard, I'd want something the size/hp of the TC40.

Good luck,
Bill ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-05-03          128800

Bigger doesn't always mean quicker when it comes to rototilling mowing. You can only mow or till only so fast anyway. Then there's the added cost of wider/bigger implements going from 5' to 6'. I can mow in 3rd-range high with no problems. ....

View my Photos
BillMullens

2006-05-03          128810

I'd agree that bigger doesn't ALWAYS mean quicker. But in my experience it sometimes does.

I rough mow usually with an old MF135 diesel (35 hp). It will run rings around my TC29 with a 5' brush hog. So would the 801 series Ford tractor that we used up until last year. Now if you're just cutting thin grass, or it isn't too high, the TC does fine. Let it get thick and about knee high, and you're low gear, middle range or high gear, low range.

Last year I mowed side by side with a TC40 and MF135. All of us had 5' brush hogs. I was the only one that had to gear down to go through the tough places. The other guys pulled right through. (The MF labored the least, by the way).

For tilling, I've only been using the TC two years. But several times I've had to go to low-low to keep from lugging the engine. I know that tilling speed is not limited solely by engine power, but sometimes it is. In my soil, where I garden, more power would help.

For me the smaller tractor is better for several reasons. It fits on my trailer, in my barn, and is small enough to finish mow with. But if I didn't have to trailer it, and didn't finish mow with it, I'd want something bigger.

Good luck,
Bill ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login