Go Bottom

2006 TC26DA

View my Photos
BH3131
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-18          154689

I am looking for some advice. I spent a lot of time on this site a few years back researching tractors and found this site to be a life line for a guy like me who was buying a tractor for the first time. I have been poking around last few days trying to figure out if I should sell my JD 2210 and buy this TC26DA from my neighbor. I have had great success with my JD. I have had it for 5 yrs and have 200 hrs. I have a 210 loader MMM and normal rear implements and have been able to acomplish a lot including using it as my primary mowing machine.

The canidate that I am looking at has a 12la loader, and a 756c back-hoe. No other implements. It is a 06 maybe 07. Warrenty runs out in 02-09. It has 145 hrs.

So, I used it tonite just to move some lose dirt from one pile to another and used the bh just to dig a small hole that I filled back in. It took some getting used to. I am so used to the creature comforts of the JD, that it did take some time to get somewhat fluid. Which I never really got, but I wonder does everyone experience that when they get on a new product for the first time.

It is a much bigger tractor. I feel that I would have to also get a mower if I got rid of the JD, as the TC is to large for the mowing I do. I do have enough work for the TC and have thought of getting something larger than my JD over the years.

Any comments on the TC would be helpful. I am a novice overall with this. Especially the BH stuff. I have never used one, and didn't do enough work to feel like I know it capibilities. He is asking 14,800 for the unit. Is that a decent price for the outfit?

I have not found much info on the TC26DA. There is only one on tractorhouse. Why so few, was it a short run model? What gives? Thanks for the help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

2006 TC26DA

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2008-07-12          155257

With the hoe? under warrenty still? I would consider it with the hours and all.
Good luck
Tom L. ....

2006 TC26DA

View my Photos
BH3131

2008-07-25          155618

brokenarrow,
thanks for the response. OK here is the update and need a few opinons quick.
The tractor is with the BH, and is under warrenty until Feb 09. The fella is looking to get a zero turn mower. He is my neighbor, he and I are friends. He has been asking just over 14k and has not been able to sell it. Is it that bad of a time to sell tractors? So, he is going to trade it in to the dealer THIS Sat. They are only wanting to give him 12,800. He said that if that was all he could get from them, he would let me have it for that.
It is driving me crazy. I like the tractor, even though I was not as comfortable on it as I was on my JD2210. To be honest the 2210 almost feels stronger than the NH26 when it comes to teh loader. Anyone feel that to be true or not?
Anyway, that is the deal, do I get it? I have a guy that wants to buy mine for 12,000 with the 4"' bush hog, and box blade. So I would have to replace those, and I will have to buy a lawn mower to handle that chore.
I have always believed that when times were good, you have to put some hay in the barn so that when things got bad you had some stash. This will pull from that as I have to lay out some $$$ to pull this off.
ADVICE??? ....

2006 TC26DA

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-26          155635

I have a TC33D and it's a perfect size for any jobs I do with it. It's so easy to drive my 3 y.o. niece can drive it. In 2002 I paid $13,500 for it with NO attachments or loader. I'm told the tractor alone sells for over $20,000 now. Keep in mind that the "D" or "DA" in TC line stands for "DELUXE", which means you get the "creature comforts" such as SuperSteer and 4x4, suspended/swivelling seat, cruise control, tilting/telescoping steering wheel and a mid-mount PTO.

It's funny (or sad really) how there is no connection to the size of a machine to the price---I mean for $14,000 you can buy a mid-'90's FULLSIZE backhoe loader. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login