View my Photos
peter_vii
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-03-27          161451

Which one to get?

JD 5101E+563 loader for C$52K

or

NH TD5050+Stoll #8HDPM loader for C$49K

Both brand new, same 2 yr warranty, same 0% for 48 mths financing.

JD has wet clutch and power shuttle, and better ergonomics (I think).

NH has better pump (it has two) 26 GPM vs 22.5 GPM on JD and NH
has 5000lb 3pt lift vs 3000lbs on JD

Which one would you buy and why?

Thanks,
Peter

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TD 5050 vs JD 5101E

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-27          161453

I looked at both of these on each company's web site. It is amazing how much of their OWN info they do not have when you go to compare. The best advice I can tell you, in my part of the world the 100 to 150 tractors are very common farm size. We have a large NH dealership (has a large commerical division) and smaller JD. But in the field you see the large farmers using JD over NH. It is easy to find a farmer with many JD but seldom with a lot of NH or totally NH equipment here. The complaint I hear on JD is they do not stock parts. Now, you do see a lot of the Case tractors here in the size range and the nearest dealership is 45 miles away. It seems they service the farmer better here than the NH dealership does. ....

TD 5050 vs JD 5101E

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-03-27          161457

It's difficult to compare 3ph lift specs. They often are not measured using the same method. Maybe they are measured at the pins, or two feet behind the pins, or.... Seems to me unlikely that two tractors of the same class had that large a difference in real world capabilities. The only thing that matters is that they will lift what you need lifted.

If it were me I'd buy the JD simply because the local JD dealer is much better than the NH dealer.

If the dealer quality was reversed I'd lean toward the NH.

Having a good dealer with good support and fast parts and service availability is worth a lot. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login