Go Bottom

Difference between the 2 New Holland12LA buckets

View my Photos
horstuff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-02          81951

Hi. I just bought a TC24D with 12LA loader. (yipee!)

I am going to get a 54" bucket, because I want the extra width to set lumber on the bucket, etc. My question is - apparently, each size (48" and 54") have two styles, a light duty and a heavy duty. From what I have gathered, the light duty is deeper for more volume, but can't handle a full load of, say, sand. The heavy duty is not as big volume wise, but you can load it heaping and not worry about it.

Anybody have any knowledge or experience with this issue? My hunch tells me to get the heavy duty, but I dunno for sure. Like I said, I am sure about the 54" part.

Thanks.

Bobby

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
drcjv.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-03          81967

I would not even consider the light duty after a year of use it will be pretty banged up, unless you plan on being very "light duty " with your loader. I have a TC33D w/ a 60" heavy duty bucket. My dealer would not even sell me a light duty bucket. I has worked and held up very well. ....

View my Photos
Phil R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-03          82014

I have two 54" buckets for my TC24D...a dirt bucket and a light materiels bucket. They are both "heavy duty". One is simply larger than the other. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login