Go Bottom

New Holland Price

View my Photos
kskwash
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-15          93564

I found a new 30 hp, 2 WD, New Holland that comes with a 5' brush hog, 5' box blade, 5' disk, and a 16 foot trailer for $12,000. I do not know the model number of the tractor. I do know that it is a basic model with 9 forward speeds, and 3 reverse. Does this sound like a good price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Holland Price

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-15          93580

Kskwash
What do you need it for? Do you need a fel? If the tractor fits the bill for what you really need than yes. If you dont need some of the impliments or the trailer (whats is the trailer rated for and will you ever need it again or are you planning to keep it in one place (the tractoer) or if you need a fel (highly recomended) then maybe not. Fill us in on your uses and property type. What kind of impliments, what kind of tires? Is a block heater needed?
Sounds like alot all at one time, but ya need to add up all of the little things that you will need before you figure price out. Let us know! ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-15          93581

I see mowing and hay work? Is the 30hp large enough for the work you are asking of it? I wouldnt think so unless you have one of those mini balers. I did not see a fel on your original post but I see from your profile you will do some light fel work? Is your land flat? 4 wd would go along way with the fel work. Alot to think about, ask enough questions to these guys and you will get the right machine for what you need, (these guys here are GOOD! they walked me thru my purchase and were right on everything they suggested!) ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-15          93584

That sure sounds like a great price. BrokenArrow is right, though, that if you get a FEL for it 4WD is a must. I think most people here would hate to have a tractor without a FEL. Also consider that 2WD tractors are harder to sell and have poor resale value. ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-08-15          93598

Kwschumm
Well, everything I know, I learned from you and others here on tractor point!!!! The only thing I wish I had on mine that I dont would be the t&t which was not brought up in the few months before me buying it. Being as cheap as I am I was suprised I followed you guys instructions so closely and very happy I did now! I would of had to pull my tractor out of 3 different spots if I did not have 4wd, would of had to rent or borrow a rotary cutter twice and a few other things that are to embarresing to mention. It pays to listen to the guys who have been there before. With around 40 hrs on my tractor I can say that I am very happy with everything you all suggested. ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-15          93601

Like you I've learned a lot from others here. This is a great resource and it's sure fun to learn and share. ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
kskwash

2004-08-16          93625

I did find out that the model is a TC30. I have 7 1/2 acres that is flat land. The land is in good condition, with St. Augustine grass in the front and coastal in the back pasture. I was thinking about mowing and raking the hay into rows, and then just pay someone to come over and bail it for me. So I would mainly be using the tractor to mow and do a little gardening work. The trailer is a 16 foot, tandem axel, rated for 8000 #. ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-08-16          93626

kskwash, I'll chime in with the others here. that's a great price for all the things you'd be getting, but a compact tractor without 4 wheel drive is nearly helpless with a front end loader, and most anything else you may use it for except mowing on level dry grass. Gear drive is fine, that's all I'll own. I think you're biggest regret will come at trade in time, two wheel drive CUT's are real hard to trade in, I'm guessing here but I'd estimate the value of a 2 wheeler would be half or less of a 4 wheel drive. Frank. ....

New Holland Price

View my Photos
kskwash

2004-08-17          93695

I am starting to agree with you on the 4 wheel drive. After looking at both, I can see the advantage of the 4 wheel drive. A live PTO would be a big advantage with the finish mower. I have been quoted for the TC-30 4 wheel drive, with a 6 foot finish mower, a 5 foot brush hog, and a tandem axel, 16 foot, 6000# capacity trailer for $14,900. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login