Go Bottom

Replacement Turf Tires Pricey

View my Photos
TomTC33D
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-18          110012

TC33D with FEL, damaged the sidewall in front turf tire (Titan) and it finally blew out. OK, I probably should have heavier tires with the FEL, but that's the way the dealer sold it to me.

Dealer doesn't stock replacements, and is not even sure how to order them! Finally tracked down a Titan Tire dealer who wants $84 for a new one. We had him repair ours with a tube while we analyze our options.

We're thinking it may be wise to replace both fronts with R-4 type. Is the diameter the same as for the Turfs? If not, is it different enough to cause binding problems when 4WD is engaged?

Thanks for your opinions.

Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-19          110092

Don't know who your dealer is but they need to learn some thing. They have to be ordered though the sales department and not though parts.

As for R-4 on the front, if you can find some that have the same diameter as the turf's you would be alright. But the factory R-4s are different than the turfs and over time it will damage your 4wd. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-21          110164

Depending on what you are running on you could easily damage the four wheel drive system. The outside diameter would need to match if you are on hard surfaces. The inside diameter would need to match if you are operating on soft surfaces as the r-4 tire would be going in to the tire casing. This could make it so the front would be turning slower causing a lag problem for the front. The first thing that would be noticed would be more difficulty turning as you would be pushing the front. I've tried to miss match before and I've always found the weakest link in the drive system. If you only plan to keep the tractor for a short time then do it but I feel most dealers area aware of the problems with mis-matched tires and would lower your trade-in value to correct the problem at trade-in time. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login