Go Bottom

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
tractorbuyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-16          113538

So my new TZ25DA arrived today. It's sweet, but the 60" 3PH finishing mower is too heavy to operate without the loader. The NH front weights are $70 for the bracket and $90 per weight...$600 inc tax for ballast. I'd keep the loader on to serve this purpose but it's a bit cumbersome in tight spots...takes another 3 feet to turn 90 degrees. What's a guy to do?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
Craig in VA

2005-07-16          113545

I've narrowed it down to the NH TZ25 & JD2110 for mowing/yard work/light hauling/etc. (5 ac w/3 ac past/lawn & barn work) and I am new to this would appreciate input from people who know. My wife is small but feisty & ready to do whatever but big questions I have are:
--2110 doesn't seem as comfortable - after 2 hrs. do you need to soak in the tub?
--2210 Imatch seems easy - need to go to NH dealer & put on access. can a 120 1lb lady put mower/loader on if I'm not there?
--prices are comparable but am really looking to see which one is best for her because she needs to be able to do use this too.

thank you for your input and please let me know if you have any comments ....

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
tractorbuyer

2005-07-16          113546

Craig...I couldn't be happier with my TZ. I knew about the ballast issues, but all tractors have them. I was a bit unprepared for the weight of the mower (60" 3PH). The loader and box blade counter each other perfectly. I may spring for the front weights later. I intend to just use the loader as ballast for now. If you've just got light landscaping on an estate-sized lot, the TZ25 is perfect. If you're doing more farm-like work, step up to a larger tractor. ....

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-17          113569

There are aftermarket weights availble. ....

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
kyvette
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-18          113587

Oneace, I too have been considering purchasing front weights for my TZ24. Can you supply more information as to where to purchase after market weights? Can you also get an after market mounting bracket, or would it be best to purchase the bracket from NH. Thanks Dave ....

TZ Series front weights

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-18          113612

We get them from a company called ?north state? I think. Any good farm equipment dealer should be able to get them. Bracket and all. Any bracket from a TC 55 to a TZ18 will fit, they all have the same spacing between the three holes in the front. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login