Go Bottom

Two weeks left as a NH tech

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-22          113783

Well I put in my two week notice to day. I am moving on to greener ($$) pastures so to say. Going to work for a construction company as the shop foreman on mostly JCB equipment, and various make of trucks light to heavy.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-07-22          113787

Congrat$ Tony!

I'm a fan of JCB stuff. Don't they make a CUT (of sorts) for construction with a dedicated backhoe? Somehwere I thought I saw JCB lawn tractor with a mower???

View my Photos
paulss
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-22          113789

Congratulations!!!

I guess we'll have to consider you upwardly mobile now. So what's the first purchase with that extra income? ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-22          113792

First will be to catch up on bills that I fell behind on at the present job. ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2005-07-23          113811

Congrats, Tony!

I too, have reciently begun a new career. Scary, exciting and rewarding all at the same time. I wish you the best of luck with your new endevors! ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-07-23          113812

I have been with this company for a couple of years and it is what I know as far as routine. This change is going to be very trying for me. It is hard for me to imagine getting up in the morning and having to actually drive past this place to get to my new job. I have this feeling that I will absent mindingly turn into the parking lot. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-07-24          113858

Good job! Walk out and dont look back! It may be hard at first but after a week you will be calling your new place, "us' and "we' or some version of those words to descibe your new employer!
Congrats Tony ....

View my Photos
Murf

2005-07-25          113877

Congrats Tony.

JCB is top drawer stuff, you won't be too frustrated working on it. We have run their stuff for more than 15 years now and are thoroughly impressed with it.

Earthworks, you're right, they make a nifty little thing sort of like a skid steer in size, but with crab steering, and a FEL & B/H, it's called the Mini CX.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-07-25          113879

Best of Luck on your new job! There is always some uncertainty when making changes in your life. Change is good!! It's kind of a rebirth giving a new burst of energy. The important thing is to enjoy what you are doing and having the income to live as you choose. Don't spend too much time looking back, forward is the most important. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-09          116152

Well the new job lasted a month. Tuesday I QUIT. Disrespect and lies sealed the deal. Welcome to unemployment. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-10          116161

Tony, step back and take a DEEP breath. BS is alive and well pretty much everywhere you look. Get your resume ready and start looking and we will all be pulling for you. Going back to your previous employer may have its price to pay. So think twice about any rash moves. I sure hope things work out for you. Hang in there! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-09-10          116172

Sorry to hear that Tony.

Here's a thought: I'm getting a team together to clean up Katrina. I hear there are many, many contractors---big and small--going down there and the contracts they (through FEMA) are giving are very lucrative. I'm in Michigan so I'll be at least 1000 miles away from any repair shop (one guy from our team is getting a service truck together for hydraulic hoses, etc.). That said, what do you think about putting yourself on the road as a service truck? You're welcome! I'm hearing of contracts of anywhere from 3 months to 18 months and longer.

View my Photos
ncrunch32

2005-09-10          116173

Tony, with your high skill level, I would think you could start your own business. Joe. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-10          116174

If your looking for a job we're looking for help. I know you might not like the winters as we do have snow and cold but change is good. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-10          116189

Thanks for the offers. If I was not 4 hours from the border of NY I would defiantly look in to going up there.

I was thinking about the Katrina bit. But I have limited contacts and now funds to get any thing together.

I have some work coming in that will hold me over for a few weeks. Maybe that will hold over for a few after that. Time will tell. I have some $$ in savings so I am not hard pressed, but I will not be buying anything unnecessary. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-11          116224

WE have locations at 2 hours, 2.5 and 4 hours from Scratton PA. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login