Go Bottom

TC40D Hydo cooler leak

View my Photos
sidewinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-08-10          114674

I have a TC40D with supersteer that I purchased new two years ago. I love this tractor. Last summer the hydrostat cooler cracked at one of the hose connections. The dealer picked it up, repaired it and returned it. The only downside was the oil was everywhere. I pressured washed it and went on. This summer the same cooler cracked again at the same location. The dealer can't tell me if the cooler is part of the powertrain warranty. The tractor has 207 hrs on it and the cooler broke on sunday, 7/31, one day past the two year tractor warranty. After much debate, they agreed to repair it in warranty. They picked up the tractor, kept it a week, and returned it. Then told me it wasn't covered and that would be $491.00, thank you very much.
Has anyone had or heard of these cooler failures? I spoke with one of the shop mechanics and he freely told me that they replace one to two of these failed coolers a week. He also mentioned that the original design of these coolers had no problems.
It seems that two failures in 200 hours is a high failure rate. My dealer service manager is mum on any factory service bulletins or recalls.
Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC40D Hydo cooler leak

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-08-16          114960

They are a problem and have had many issues with them. If they said it was warranty then found out it was not warranty and repaired it any way with out your consent you are really liable for nothing. Except may be trucking. ....

TC40D Hydo cooler leak

View my Photos
dieselpusher

2005-08-17          114976

If they fix one or two of these a week, they should know if it is a warranty item. If you let the fluid leak out until the tranny fails, then it will certianly be covered under warranty. ....

TC40D Hydo cooler leak

View my Photos
jdandsons

2005-08-17          114977

I had the same problem twice. They replaced it under warranty. I always keep an eye on it now. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login