Go Bottom

TC45DA

View my Photos
gramps
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-14          116390

Have had a new TC45DA for about 6 months and am not completely satisfied with it. Traded in a Ford 3930 which I used with a Bushhog, tree transplanter, tiller and blade work. I like the 4-wheeel drive feature and use the loader a lot but have trouble with both the power takeoff and rear remote. Sometimes the power takeoff will just not disengage completely. The lever moves fully to the rear position but the shaft still turns. Not a safe condition. The rear remote that was installed to operate the tree transplanter is a valve that always returns to center. In order to be able to use the valves on the tree transplanter I have to hook a bungee cord to the remote to keep it engaged. The dealer says that this is the only kind of remote available for this tractor. Hard to believe for such a "high tech machine". The old 3930 did a much better job in these areas. Has anyone else had similar problems ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC45DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-14          116397

As far as the PTO you should have received a letter from New Holland about a safety issue for that. They have a new PTO brake that needs to be installed and is covered by Warranty and can be done on site. Call your dealer.

As for the rear remote that is the only one offered, no detentes and no float position. All the ones that I have put on I send a bungee with them. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
tinkman

2005-09-14          116404

I've had my TC45DA for coming up on a year now and have around 50 hours on it. I've beat on it pretty well and it's held up nicely, with the exception of tough shifting between 2 and 4 wheel drive. Since I keep it in 4WD pretty much all the time, I won't worry until I take it in at 100 hours for service. My dealer had a guy do the PTO service in the driveway and my PTO stops so quickly sometimes I break sheer pins. The thing climbs like a mountain goat which is handy on my hilly property. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
gramps

2005-09-14          116409

Thanks for the response. I got the impression from the dealer that to fix the PTO problem would require shop service and quite a bit of down time. I'll get back to them. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
WhiteOak1

2005-09-14          116428

Hey I'm considering a NH, is it a good choice. I have steep property with rocks, needs lots of work. I was cosidering a 35 horse nut have read many posts that I should probably consider a 45 horse. You guys with NH's would you buy one again? I am comparing NH to a Kioti TLB package. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
tinkman

2005-09-15          116438

I'd absolutely buy NH again. In fact, the guy who I bought my property from (40 hilly acres) owns an order Ford and has access to other tractors, couldn't pull an old hay bailer with the Ford and borrowed by NH. Subsequently he bought a 6 acre property that came with an older Kubota, but it didn't have power steering. He now says he plans on buying a new NH. What I consider to be one of the better indicators of owner loyalty is that when I look in the ads in the ag press (Capital News), you see few if any NH's for sale compared to Deeres and Kubotas. Certainly the others have more out there, but apparently the NH owners just hold on to them.

And for the same size tractor, buy all the horsepower you can afford. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2005-09-15          116471

Whiteoak,

I have 2 TC40DA's, one with backhoe/loader that I use primarily in my hardscaping business and the second with brush hog, tiller, post hole digger, etc. that we use in the farming portion of our business. Obviously having 2 units answers your question about "would you by NH again". I think just as important as the brand is the dealer. All of the major manufacturers build great units. You have to ask who will service the unit, how far away are they, what is their reputation, etc. I'm lucky in that I have an excellent dealer, close by, with great parts and service support. It doesn't hurt that his pricing is within dollars of the internet wholesale dealers as well. It is for that reason I have bought both units, all the attachments, a NH LS190 skid steer, and my trailer from this dealer. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
WhiteOak1

2005-09-16          116475

Thanks you guys , I really appreciate all the imput you have. I'm a tractor virgin so I rely on what the experianced have to say. ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
bubbafrank

2005-09-19          116651

oneace, I have a new TC45DA (4 months) how long does it normally take to be notified of a saftey issue?? Should I call my dealer?? ....

TC45DA

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-19          116652

If you have only had it for four months yours will not be affected by the PTO brake problem. They implemented a production change back in February. The only ones affected are the ones sold before that. In stock units at that time were upgraded by the dealer before sold. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login