Go Bottom

tc35

View my Photos
coxcabin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-24          125047

We are about to buy our first tractor and had pretty much settled on the tc35 until reading this forum. What is wrong with it? We have around 50 acres to mow, going with 4 wheel drive as it is very hilly. We will use it mostly for mowing, post hole digging. We've been quoted a price of 16,350 with a 6 foot bushog.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tc35

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-24          125050

If the country is hilly I might go to the TC40 or TC45 to make sure you have the power for the 6 ft. ....

tc35

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-26          125166

I feel that the tractor is too under powered for the size frame it is. It has the lowest HP to weight ratio of all the New Holland models. And torque is very low. I would recommend at Least the TC40 If you need this frame sized tractor. ....

tc35

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-03-01          125381

How often you plan to mow 50 acres? I can tell you that I mowed 10 acres a few times with the TC40 and was about spent by the time I was done. Look at my Pic 17, This was the tallest I have ever had to mow. The tc40 and woods 6ft cutter was awesome in this spot. Would not ever want to do alot of mowing in that tall of grass though.
If you have 50 acres to mow and need to mow it often I would go up in size to as big as you can afford. Sure would be nice to get a 8-10 foot mower for that large of tract. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login