Go Bottom

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
rkmack57
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-10          127459

I have a TC29 with 600 hours on it. It is making a squeeling, whining sound. Louder when it is cold out. Loader is a little slower. All oil levels are ok. Is the pump going on me? Help, please.

Randy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-10          127479

Usually that whining sound is from your pump. Mine does that on occasion and is a sign that the filter is clogged or it has collapsed. Suggest changing the filter. I would think your pump is fine. You should change the filter about every 200 hours or less.

Second possibility. Once I had two hydraulic lines rubbing on one another and the vibration noise would just about drive you nuts. If you wait long enough you can trace it to a leak when it sprays all over. (wrecks finish of tractor). Same thing can happen with fuel lines. ....

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
rkmack57

2006-04-10          127480

Thanks. I'll try the simple route first. Hope it works.

Randy ....

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-11          127579

The sound is normal. My TC33D does it when it's 50 degrees and lower out. For the most part (aside from cavitation of really cold fluid) the sound comes from the pump gears chattering against themselves since they are steel (not a problem). As the pump case, which is aluminum, expands due to heat buildup at a higher rate than the steel the gears move away from each other lessening the chatter. Conversely, with these type pumps the hotter they get the more they lose the ability to make pressure---because the gears have moved too far from each other, and the side plates that push against the gear sides have to travel farther to push against the gear sides to retain pressure.

Generally modern oil filters have a bypass built into them or into the base that they screw to. I don't know of any conditions that would cause a pump to lag if the filter is dirty or collapsed. If that were that possible I think you would see filters blowing off engines due to back- pressure. ....

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-04-12          127587

The clogged or collapsed filter has happened several times to me on my Cadet. Maybe other pumps and or systems are different. In my case the pump was squeeling, the loader was acting slow while the steering was difficult and jerky. ....

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2006-04-12          127612

Yooper: Are you using OEM filters? If not, visit filter mfg. web sites and you will be amazed at the differences between builders and applications. In particular, look at external and internal relief or bypass valves which the filters you may be using do not have (whether by design or not). ....

TC29 hydraulics

View my Photos
rkmack57

2006-04-19          127979

I replaced the hydraulic filter and it fixed everything.

THanks for the prompt response. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login