Go Bottom

tc21d no power to starter solonid

View my Photos
wrs01a
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-20          128071

anyone had a problem with a new holland tc21d with no power to the starter solonid in the "start" position? Ign Switch is Ok and starter works when 12vdc is jumped to the solonid terminal, also all the interlock switches on the PTO and L-N-H lever are OK. It appears there is a loose connection or a starter relay I can not locate unless I start cutting harness to trace the wires. I have a book on order hopefully it will have a wiring diagram.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
wingwiper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-21          128073

Check all of your safety switches, they are apart of the starting circuit.
My old JD 400 has a micro roller switch in the hydro lever and if that lever wasn't just right to add pressure to that switch, it was a broken circuit. Check the seat safety switch and all others. If you suspect any of them, just jump them forthetime being to seeif it starts, two alligator clips and wire, make a loop, touch the two terminals of the switch and that will suffice. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-21          128076

Since you say you've already checked all the safety switches, hopefully with a meter and not just visually, start looking for a blown fuse or bad circuit breaker if so equipped.

You can usually check the starter relay easily, they usually print the schematic on the case.

If you still can't find it start checking for power at each connector in the circuit back to source from the starter till you get to 12 volts, then you will at least have narrowed the problem to a specific area.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login