Go Bottom

TC40 leaking Hydraulic Fluid

View my Photos
kdsrgone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-30          130075

Working the tractor pretty hard today in the heat and notice dripping hydraulic fluid under the center of the tractor. A quick look and it appears the fluid is coming from the top of the case under the operator platform. It is wet on both sides of the case and dripping off of the various obstacles in its path. Tractor has factory loader and hoe. Any thoughts on what it might be?? Runs fine, and fluid level not dropping drastically so it appears to be something loose as opposed to broken. Can't figure out what would be up there. Have an appt. to drop it off at the doc's on Thursday, but if something simple I'd give it a try before then.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-30          130077

Could be one of the Fittings going to the hoe connections. Or from your 3ph drop rate adjustment knob. Look and trace your hoe hoses back where the thread into the casting. Also can't remember if you have remote outlet or not. If so check around those too. You hoe fittings are pipe thread and your remote fittings are o-ring bout can be a bear to get to if the right rear tire is not removed. ....

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2006-05-30          130099

Oneace, The 3ph adjustment knob is in the area where it appears the fluid is coming from. Does it have a seal or could it possibly be turned out too far from vibration that it leaks? The hoe is never off this tractor so the 3ph is never used. I'll check the hoses tomorrow and double check they are not the culprits. No remotes on this one so they are not the culprit! ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-30          130100

Could not remember how that one was set up. It has been a couple years since I set that one up.

There are at least two o-rings and one gasket at the 3ph adjustment knob that I can remember. Any of those could have failed. How long has it been since you bought that one? I am having a hard time remembering how they are assembled. I believe there is a large nut that the knob goes through that may have come loose. Other than that it has been almost a year since I looked at one and I am drawing a blank. ....

View my Photos
kdsrgone

2006-05-31          130107

This one's around 2 years old. I'll look to see if I can see anything without removing the deck and all on the jobsite. If not, I drop it off Thursday at the shop. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login