Go Bottom

12LA Loader SLOP 1in of movment normal

View my Photos
chico F
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-22          139026

Hello all! I am on my 2nd TC series tractor in 3 years, and have again noticed a ton of slop in my bucket! My TC-26DA has a 12LA loader just like my 24 did, they both started out tight, and within 50 Hrs. you can stand in front of the tractor, and move the bucket up and down with your hands 3/4 to 1 inch! It's quite easy to see they used the factory powder coating as a tolerance here... when it's brand new no slop, now 1 inch of play! The dealer has looked it over, and said it seams excessive, but the pins and everything else checks out within standards? I'm meeting with a New Holland Rep on Tue. To see what they say, but I wanted to see if any one else has this sort of problem, and if you think this is normal

Thanks

Brian

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bloggins
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-23          139046

I've got the CASE cousin and after 50 hrs no slop. But then again I've over greased the fittings with synthetic grease and I'm running synthetic hydraulic fluid, I'm hoping that this will prolong the life of the moving parts. I've used my FEL a lot for clearing forest trails, moving boulders, downed trees, hauling firewood, now snow... ....

View my Photos
Chico F
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-23          139047

No I became a grease junkie with the 2ed tractor, thinking I might have not greased it enough and the same problem happened ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-23          139064

Chico, what KIND of grease are you using? Bad or wrong grease is nearly as bad as none at all. It should be extreme pressure type stuff, not general purpose.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-01-23          139066

Also, bear in mind, when you move the bucket like that, you are seeing all the slop of EVERY joint together, not just the one.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login