Go Bottom

HST Noise on TC45D

View my Photos
waynecar
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-20          139895

I took delivery on a TC45D with approximately 250 hours on it, which I bought out of state today.

When I tried driving it after it had run a few minutes at speed II, while in Turtle, there was a significant strange noise squealing, hard to describe sound) when pushing down on the forward pedal(maybe the reverse too but I don't remember) which I suppose was coming from the HST system. As much as maybe 5 minutes or so later while running at a constant speed it made similar sounds but for just a few seconds at times, then it stopped making the noise entirely while in use.

This was at around 45 degrees F, I believe. Is this normal? Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HST Noise on TC45D

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-20          139897

Wayne, I don't have a Ford, but most hydros are pretty similar. Makes me think of a combination of cold oil and perhaps a partially clogged filter on the intake side of the hydro system. Did the previous owner tell you anything about when the last fluid and filter changes were and maybe what type of fluid he used. I'm a firm believer in using only flids and filters recommended by the owners manual in any machine. Enjoy your new purchase. Frank. ....

HST Noise on TC45D

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-20          139899

waynecar,
I own one of these tractors, and what Frank said about cold oil is true. Had the tractor not been run for a while? I changed out all fluids and filters at 300 hours, and I now have 335 hours on it. When I ran the tractor last week in 15 degree weather, you could tell for the first 10-15 minutes that the hydro fluid was cold, and the tractor made some strange noises. Find out when the last hydro fluid and filter change was done. My guess is that a person that would sell one of these tractors with so few hours on it probably didn't change the fluids... ....

HST Noise on TC45D

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-20          139901

I have a blue too. It's nothing to worry about--just cold, thick oil. It goes away then you forget it was a problem--until the next time it's cold. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login