Go Bottom

Oneace oil supply question TC24DA

View my Photos
jschauml
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-03-03          140165

I'm not sure if you still wrenched on NH's or not but I have a question. There is a external oil tube that runs from the lower right side of the block to the front of the valve cover. The oil pressure sending unit is there.

The question is, do you think that if I increased the size of that line and T'ed it off near the sending unit, I could have enough volume of oil to supply a small turbocharger and still continue to have enough indirect flow for the rocker arm shaft, tappets, and camshaft bearings?

According to my service manual, the oil pump produces 49.8 to 63.7 psi. It does not really say anything about the volume.

How were some of the bigger turbocharged TC's set up in terms of oil supply for the turbo? I realize that they were designed that way and mine was not.

If you want more information as to what I'm doing, please ask.

Thanks, Joe.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-03          140171

Joe, this is where you find out how good of a dealer you have! We do it ourselves just out of curiosity, the tech's are continually cross referencing the parts to see what changes.
I'd wonder why the need for the extra horsepower? Some times for the little lacking on a hill to tickle the pump a little will get you what you might need. I've seen fuel filters that were brand new take 20% of the power away on the dyno!

Oneace is a good choice to find what your looking for! ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-03-12          140384

I would say you would be alright. as you really only need a small amount of oil to the rockers. The pump it self should be sufficient to lubricate a small turbo. Just as long as you are out of warranty. Cause you will be if you add one. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login