Go Bottom

TC33D Hydraulic leak around filter area

View my Photos
kellym
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-08          142795

I noticed a leak near my hydraulic filter. I replaced the filter because it was dented think that this was the problem. I still have a small leak. Is it possible to knock the body that the filter attaches to loose or could I have bent it. Any suggestions?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-08          142802

It's possible you bent the threaded nipple out of whack. I have actually broken nipples off on larger machines by tightening too much.

Try installing the filter just before the seal touches then slip a dollar bill or feeler gage front to back left to right to see if the filter is going on straight.

BTW, I did the same thing to my TC33D so don't feel bad--didn't end up with a leak though. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-08          142803

It's possible you bent the threaded nipple out of whack. I have actually broken nipples off on larger machines by tightening too much.

Try installing the filter just before the seal touches then slip a dollar bill or feeler gage front to back left to right to see if the filter is going on straight.

BTW, I did the same thing to my TC33D so don't feel bad--didn't end up with a leak though. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login