Go Bottom

New Holland 914A Mower Blades

View my Photos
kevin3251
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-01          143350

I have a a 60" side discharge 914A mid mount mower deck and the blades are worn out.I need to replace them and was wondering if anyone beside NH made them available.
I was also wondering what length belt to buy .The manual just calls it a belt for 60" mower

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-01          143353

1. Blades: Call Sue at Fisher-Barton/Components Plus in Wisconsin. Tell her Jeff from Earthwerks in Michigan told you to call. Website: Tracksplus.com their phone number is on there. Fisher-Barton is one of the last balde manufacturers around. They make nearly all or most of blades for OEM's and others.

2. Belt: Simply cut off the belt and take it to a good mower shop, or Tractor Supply Co (TSC) and they can measure the belt on a special belt measuring tool (don't use a tape measure yourself--you'll be off--trust me!). Be sure it's for mowers; they usually have a cloth-like coating or wrapping unlike a typical automotive belt. And they're usually wider and thicker too than a fan belt. ....

View my Photos
Boomer1530
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-02          143360

I'd like to know about the blade question, too. I have the same mid-mount mower and am trying to get the most use out of my old blades (I'm not really sure when to say 'enough is enough'). I bought some new blades from my dealer and they look different (haven't actually tried them yet). My belt broke last year and, again, got one from the dealer. Replacing it wasn't as bad as I expected! I'll try and send you the cost and other info when I find it. BTW, have you changed the oil within the mid-mount mower? If so, how often? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login