Go Bottom

New Holland NH TC40DA vs Jonh Deere JD 3520 vs Kubota 3940

View my Photos
retcol
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-11          143626

I am considering the above mentioned tractors with a cab and heat and A/C. I would like some information as to which would be the best tractor to buy. I currently own a Kubota 3830 with a loader. I am not impressed with the Kubota Corp. so that will be a factor in my decision process.However, I will overlook my bias if the Kubota is the best but I need to be convinced.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-11          143629

I'd buy the brand that had the best dealer. Seriously, any of them will do the job but a great tractor from a bad dealer can be really exasperating. Maybe the problems you've had with Kubota could have been solved by a better dealer. I like Kubota but the dealer near here sucks big time and the JD dealer has been fantastic. ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-12          143633

My take is that the L3830 is likely the best of the 3 tractors you mentioned being that you already own it (or at least I am going on that assumption) (full well knowing assumptions are a bad risk ;-) )

What is the problem with the L3830? ....

View my Photos
retcol

2007-07-12          143634

I own the 3830 and it is a good tractor. However, I want a tractor with a cab that has heat and a/c. ....

View my Photos
Chief

2007-07-12          143637

I think I would be looking into the difference in cost of having a Kubota cab system installed on your current L3830 and selling your L3830 and buying a new L3940 cab tractor. Kubota makes a real nice cab tractor. John Deere does too but I just cannot get past Deere building a tractor with a cast aluminum gear case and final drives. ....

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-07-13          143672

What kwschumm said is dead on. For me it is all about who has the best costomer service and who is closest. I have two different types of machines and they both break when you do stupid stuff. The Bobcat dealer is about a half hour closer than the JD dealership. The Bobcat dealership also sells Kabota and Montanas. There is also a Lowes, Home Depot and Tractor Supply very near the Bobcat dealer. So, what I'm getting at: that one little part for one of my JD's can cost me an extra hour out of my day (there and back) when it would have been two minutes after I stopped in at Tractor Supply if I owned Kabotas or Montanas.

View my Photos
singlespeed

2008-02-02          151043

I prefer the new holland. Keep in mind the dealer does make the biggest difference. My dealership sells Kubota and New Holland and we get all the service work from the neighboring kubota dealer because they don't have a service department. All tractors break, no matter the color, so having a good service department is what matters most. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login