Go Bottom

NH276 baler

View my Photos
lylesball
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-14          143691

New to the site, so howdy. Having minor problems with one of my knotters. Ties, but every now and then knot won't hold. Twine does not break, knot comes undone. What reckon do I need to look for??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH276 baler

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-15          143710

Yoour twine disc has a little to much tension and is pulling the twine off the bill hook before it can get it tied. This is a tough call because inconsistant twine diameter could be the only problem you have, loosen a little of the tension and see what happens. ....

NH276 baler

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-07-15          143712

Twine size consistency is quite a problem. Years ago when we had an IH #45 square baler it would only tie consistently if we used IH brand twine because it did'nt have the thin and thick random diamaters like the lower cost twines did. Frank. ....

NH276 baler

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-15          143718

Just rereading, is it only happening on one side?

Frank, the twine that they labeled was made in LA and was very consistant, we fixed a lot of different make balers just by the twine. The plant is gone and it is all offshore to the best of my knowledge and inconsistancy is the biggest problem. ....

NH276 baler

View my Photos
lylesball

2007-07-15          143724

yep, only one knotter with the problem..........also, some of my bales are longer on one side.. I think it is a feed problem. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login