Go Bottom

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
mudgeboy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-14          152950

hey, can't sleep, thinking which to get as a first tractor
NH TC30 or Mahindra 2615 with loader, any pros or cons from the group, Time is running out on both 60 mos deals on 4-30

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-04-14          152967

The NH probably would be easier to sell later. Probably would hold it's value better. How close is a second dealership to you if the nearest one of either closes? My guess is parts would be easier to get or at least quicker with the NH. Now having said all that, have a friend who sells the Mahindra and has one and really likes them. kt

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
mudgeboy

2008-04-14          152969

There are a couple NH dealers around, and a Mahindra a couple hundred miles in either direction, Guess I'm a little skerd of the NH because of some negative comments on the net i.e. breaking in half etc.. But the NH TC30 felt good when I sat on it, Wish I knew a mechanic I could talk it over a cold one with. ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-04-14          152971

You should get more feed back on the NH just give it a little time. You will find a couple of hundred miles to a dealership to get old. Is there a reason the only tractors you are considering in this size are these two brands? May I suggest you look at Kubota and JD also. Both are well known for their small tractors. There are also the Kioti brand and Agco. kt ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
mudgeboy

2008-04-14          152972

thanks..kt..i guess the 60 mos 0% is drawing me in.
i still have a couple weeks, maybe more will chime in, good and bad. ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-04-15          153000

Ok, you people with Blue Blood, help out this guy! If not use with Orange Blood sure can. kt ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
mudgeboy

2008-04-15          153002

lol
thanks kt, i'm dying here, got a dartboard, and the NH is winning- so far ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-04-15          153004

Many of the Mahindra models are really of an older Mitsuibushi design. This design was sold also to Cub-Cadet back in the mid and late 90's. I have one of those and love it. I bought it thinking it was a Cub and service would be good for years to come. Have not had any trouble so far. Mine is a 94 or 95 model with about 800 hours on it. It is a rock solid design and was technically better than the Deere models in that time period. Case didn't have a model at that time and later merged to CNH (Case/New Holland) where the major difference is color.

Many Mahindra dealers have come and gone in our area. I would agree that even if it is a good design, etc., the blue tractor will have better resale and parts availability in years to come.

If I purchase another tractor, it will be either Green or Red (Case) because of my local dealer base. The red guys also sell the new Cadet/Janmar but I will stick with green or red.

The blue tractors are or almost identical to the red (Case). Our Blue dealership in the area went under and a new one as come to town but haven't shopped there. ....

NH TC30 vs Mahindra 2615

View my Photos
kskwash
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-17          153048

I bought a TC30 3 years ago, and have had no problems at all. I change the oil, filters, and do the PM's as scheduled. I liked the TC30 because you can work on it yourself easily, and it does not have all the bells and whistles that can break down, since I did not need them. I went with the NH bacause I got the best service before the sale from the local dealer. After trying several dealers, they just seemed to want to work with me the best. Your relationship with your dealer is just as important as the brand that you buy. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login