Go Bottom

TC33D won t start-relay buzzing

View my Photos
gdolson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-06          154314

I have read the other "won't start" threads but mine is doing something different. When I turn the key to start, all I get is the frontmost of the three relays buzzing. I don't have a schematic so any info as to what the relays are for would help. It sounds like electrical "gremlins" are common.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-06          154316

When a relay buzzes it usually indicates only one of two things, usually it means the relay is done, although sometimes a weak battery or poor ground will do the same thing.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
gdolson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-06-06          154317

That is true. I did swap out the other two (since all three are the same)and the buzzing stayed at that frontmost position so I don't think it's the relay. I do need to check the battery voltage when trying to start. I didn't have my good meter or a helping hand so I will look at that tonight. Can you identify what these three relays do? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-06-06          154318

Gdolson,

You're right. Many New Holland owners report having electrical problems. You're not alone in this department.

The relay you hear buzzing....

Murf is likely correct. In most cases this problem is related to either having a nearly dead battery, or a faulty electrical connection on the battery terminals, or even a bad ground connection from the battery to the frame of the tractor.

I'd start by cleaning the battery posts and the battery cable clamps. Then check to make sure you're getting a charge on your battery. If you have good voltage, I'd then check the ground connections.

Take the ground connection loose from the frame and clean both the frame and the electrical connection.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-06-06          154332

Joel, if memory is correct Earthwerks has reported on the same problem. kt ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-06-06          154340

Yup Kenny is right this time. Now mine won't start using a key when the solenoid does kick in (solenoid is new). It sound like the starter is just sucking the juice out of the battery which is new.

What I resort to now is turning the ignition switch to ON or RUN, lift the hood, pull the left side panel away a few inches and with two coins touching each other, nail or whatever metal tool is lieing around jump the solenoid from the battery cable to the small solenoid wire---starts right up (aslong as it's not cold enough to need the glowplugs). ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login