Go Bottom

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
klane82
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-02          155025

My husband went to start his NH TC29D last night and lights came on as usual. Then, nothing! No lights, no "engine turn-over" ... nothing. He didn't even get a chance to crank it over once before everything went dead. We've never had any trouble with it and of course when he needed it, it failed him. Put new battery in earlier this year, checked charge and connections, all OK. Please help me be his hero and not the service guy! Any advice would be great.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-02          155026

Did he check the fuses? ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-02          155027

I would check the battery terminals to make sure you have a good connection. ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
klane82

2008-07-02          155028

Yes, he checked the battery terminals ... they were OK ... I figured that out when it was pitch black out and he was working on the darn thing holding a flashlight. When the flashlight jumped back several feet, I knew the battery connections were then A-OK! Ha! Fuses, it may have been too dark for him to mess with too much. Haven't talked yet today to check ... Thanks and any other advise would be terrific. Always good to start with the simple solutions first! ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
klane82

2008-07-02          155029

Okay! Just checked with husband and asked about fuses. Said he checked them and guesses they were ok. However, he added he couldn't tell for sure because he had no power even to the fuses. Make any sense? ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
yooperpete

2008-07-02          155032

Check to make sure that the ground cable to the frame has good contact. You may also want to attempt to jump it, just in case if something went wrong with your battery. ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
kwschumm

2008-07-02          155033

I may be confusing models or brands but I think those tractors have a tendency to have the ignition switch go bad. Is there power at the ignition switch? ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
klane82

2008-07-03          155059

Thanks for the help. Between that and a little daylight, my husband found the fuse that had blown. It was not with the "easy to see" fuses but on the other side of the tractor. I do really appreciate the input! ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
earthwrks

2008-07-04          155083

If you're referring to the 30A fuse in the little pigtail near the starter and the firewall--it will blow again. I replaced mine soooo many times. Now I keep a bent nail in there instead of a fuse. Eventually your ignition switch will go---4 times for me. And you will have other little electrical gremlins if it's anything like mine. These CUT's are the American Motors/Jeeps of the tractor world. Other than that they are bullet proof. I love mine. Warts and all---the tractor that is. ....

NH TC29D HELP

View my Photos
klane82

2008-07-05          155103

That would be the little darlin' fuse I'm talking about. Thanks for the heads up on my future!! At least we'll be prepared! Thanks again. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login