Go Bottom

TN65 4WD Clicking noise in drive train

View my Photos
RussellJ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-27          155645

I have a 2001 NH TN65 4wd with 300 hours that has a very noticeable clicking sound in the drive train. Yesterday I removed the drive shaft to the front axle and the noise was still there, so I ruled-out the carrier bearing and drive shaft. If I shut the motor off and coast down a hill the faster I roll the faster the clicking sound is. I don't hear it in reverse. HELP!!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-28          155651

JUst a thought: When you were a kid did you ever put playing cards on/in your bike so that they made noise (I did)? Does it make that type of sound? If yes, I'd check for a stick or branch stuck between the fender and the wheel/hub/tire. It sounds to me like whatever it is is strong and rigid going forward when it rubs and clicks but flops backward enough not to rub and make noise. And you could narrow down the noise simply by turning sharply one way or the other--the noise frequency should increase with the outer wheel spinning.

Where are you located in Michigan? ....

View my Photos
RussellJ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-28          155652

No sticks, she is clean as a whistle underneath. I lifted the front axle off the ground and spun the tires and didn't hear the noise. I going to lift the back wheels off the ground and place jack stands under the axle, spin the reat tries to see if I can narrow it down. My TN55 2WD dosn't have this noise so I'm not going crazy.
I live near Kalamazoo, MI. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login