Go Bottom

TC 35D PTO lever locked up

View my Photos
TxFarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-09-03          156468

I have a 2004 TC35D with only 210hrs. on it. I bought it new so I know it hasn't been mistreated by a previous owner, but have spent the last 3 1/2 yrs in Iraq so I haven't had much opportunity to use it. The lever to engage the PTO won't budge a bit. I have to crawl under the tractor and with a 10" crescent wrench physically move the connecting link to engage the PTO. Has anyone ran across this problem with their tractor or have any idea how to solve this problem???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-03          156469

It sounds like you need to really spray the linkage with a good lubericant. Be sure to spray all points in the linkage including where it goes into the transmission. It really can be amazing how well the linkage can stick when not lubed or used. Many chemicals and fertlizers will really make this worse. At same time you probably need to spray the pivot points on the both ends of your lift arms.

Glad you made it back. Don't care if in the military or not thank you for your time in Iraq. kt ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-03          156478

Kenny: "Dictionary Alert" :)

(On my TC33D) there is a detent ball-and-spring located on the outside of the casting/housing that could be rusted or dragging. It could also be moisture inside the axle/trans. has rusted the PTO shaft and the sliding gear may need some nudging back and forth to loosen it up.

What I would do is, once you get it fully-engaged, connect up a PTO implement and run it for about a half-hour under load.

Then while it is under power (no load though), without clutching, disengage it. Depress the clutch and try engaging it. You might have to do this several times--or only once.

Now that I think about it mine is sticky if I haven't used it in a week or so, so I can't imagine what 3 years of non-use would do. ....

View my Photos
TxFarm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-09-04          156490

Well gents thanks to all for the suggestions! I saturated all the linkage with a lubricant and I can now control PTO from the seat of my tractor. Thanks again!

Go Top

Share This

Member Login