Go Bottom

Cranks won t start

View my Photos
JaMaGa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-07          163260

02 TC33D - 345 hr. Yesterday we were moving things around at my sons place and the tractor was forking just find. Stopped to take a break and when I went to start the tractor all it did was just turn over. I always let the glow plug light go out before I turn it over. Cranked a few times and it started. Worked awhile and shut it down to do other things. Went to start it and the same thing. Checked the fuel level OK. Add two gallons just to top it off. Took the fuel filter and sediment bowl off and cleaned them. Followed instruction in the manual an bleed the line to the injector pump. Fuel flowing. If I'm right, I'm guessing that the injector has bite the dust. Is there something that I overlooked? Any comment or suggestions.
Thanks,
Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cranks won t start

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-07          163262

I have the same machine and model year. If you have fuel to the injectors it will start---unless something catastrophic happened inside--broken rings, crank, etc.. Just keep cranking it--it'll take a few minutes. Before it starts you should see white smoke, then black, and then it starts.

In the future if it dies like mine did, the fuel solenoid won't turn on. I had to run a jumper wire from the solenoid to the on-with-ignition-switch circuit.

I loosen the nut at one injector to bleed it. There is also a bleed nut on top of the injector pump.

A quicker way to bleed the system is to remove the fule filler cap, loosen all the injector nuts, and briefly pressurize the fuel tank. You can do this by using your mouth and blowing hard and steady for about 5 seconds. Or use a wet rag wrapped around an air chuck (for a sealer) and shoot a blast of air in it.

On my Dodge pickup with diesel I had semi-gelled (near frozen) fuel that I had to purge out. What I did then is wrap a wet rag around a shop vac's hose (on the outlet side) and hold it firmy against the fuel tank opening while the vac was running. 10 seconds later it was purged. ....

Cranks won t start

View my Photos
JaMaGa
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-12          163392

Thanks for the advise. Went down to my sons last night. Started at the seat interlock switch. Check the switch with an meter and the switch was working. Nexted checked to and had 12V at the plug. Upon further inspection of the plug it looked like the connector pins were corrided. So cleaned them up and wala it started.
It seems from reading past post that the early series had a LOT of electrical problems.
Thanks again for the input.
Jim

Go Top

Share This

Member Login