Go Bottom

tc33d won t start-think it s the pto wire loose any help

View my Photos
waymore
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-06-23          163589

My new holland tc33d won't start. this has happened before and I just plugged back in a wire that was loose. I believe it was the pto wire, but now I can't find it. It acts as if the pto is engaged but it is not. can you help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-23          163594

If you've read any of the other posts about this CUT--you'll find there could be a multitude of things that can go wrong.

If you look under the left rear fender near the control levers there are dangling wires that go to the limit switches---these wire connectors tend to come undone when a stick or tall grass gets in between there.

Could be a bad or disconnected seat switch.

Could be other safety switches out of adjustment, or range gear not in Neutarl (mine can start in any gear--dunno why)

Or a bad main fuse found near the starter on a short pigtail. I suggest getting rid of the fuse holder altogether and twist or solder the wires together---there's a fair amount of amperage going through there--not enough and it won't start.

Could be a fuse(s) in the fuse box--it gets dirty and dusty in the box itself even with the cover on. The only way to clean it is remove the entire right cowl under the steering wheel. The fuses also get corroded easily too.

The safety module goes bad--$150 for a new one.

The fuel cutoff circuit to the solenoid loses power. I permanently ran a jumper to mine from the switch.

Starter switches go bad--bad design--no weatherproofing and they get dirt in them and wear out.

Starters go bad---replaced mine at 20 hours.

View my Photos
Blueman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-06-26          163654

OK, maybe you can help with a similar problem. I have a TC45D, and it keeps blowing the #2 fuse, which in the owner's manual states "8 amp circuit breaker". The PTO light is on, but I don't have the PTO engaged. Most of the time, I replace the fuse (this has happened 3 times in the last 300 hours or so...), but now, now matter what fuse I put in there, it won't start, and just keeps blowing the fuse. Any ideas??? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-06-26          163656

Sounds like maybe a bad ground or a wire is chafed or a terminal is loose and drawing too many amps. Or--the safety module is toast--since the light is staying on. But that could be a coincidence too and just needs adjustment. It possible the fuse block terminals are corroded too.

I'd put an amp meter across the fuse block terminals and see what value you're getting. Outside of that, try using a higher value fuse--like 10 amp and see what happens. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login