Go Bottom

TC29D Question

View my Photos
krmereness
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-02          167853

I am new to tractors and just bought a used TC29D. I noticed this morning that the worm gear clamp holding the boot over the driveshaft in the front going to the front wheel drive was hanging off. It was bent up pretty good so I cut it off and will replace it this week. On this driveshaft should there be a boot on the end towards the back of the tractor or is there only one on the front? Also, will any clamp work for this or do I need a heavy duty clamp. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC29D Question

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-02          167854

I've got a 33D with supersteer. Mine has a boot on the front that has a stainless hose clamp. Nothing special. Not sure about the rear of the shaft. Probably does not since it's well protected and the u-joints are sealed.

FYI keep an eye on the two short rubber hoses that are at the top of the hydraulic cooler that join the steel lines---they tend to split and you'll lose fluid and wipe out a pump.

Does your tilt steering wheel work? Keep the top of the hydraulic damper lubed to keep water out or it will sieze up. There's a little valve at the top. ....

TC29D Question

View my Photos
krmereness
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-02          167855

Thanks! These are all great tips for a new owner. My tilt steering does work and will keep it lubed. I willalso keep a eye on the two rubber hose by the hydraulic cooler.

I also noticed a little bit of real light green fluid under the tractor today when I was loading pellets in the FEL. What could this be? ....

TC29D Question

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-02          167856

Must be a little martian living in there LOL

Likely the overflow tube puking coolant. Check that the radiator and hyd fluid cooler in front of it are cleaned out. These engines run well but need good cooling. I let the engine run full throttle then shoot the garden hose at the front which helps pull the water through. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login