Go Bottom

TC29D Electrical issues

View my Photos
brady495
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-26          168841

This seems to be a popular subject! Mine has no power at the ignition switch. For some time I have had to short across the solenoid and starter to start it. I have replaced one 15amp fuse that was blown and now when I engage the ignition, my glow plug light doesnt come on and it still doesnt turn over. Batt is good, new terminals, grounds cleaned....Help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC29D Electrical issues

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-27          168850

Open the hood and look down along the firewall on the LH side. Look for a two-wire pigtail connector similar to a rubber trailer hitch connector. This is the main fuse a 30A. They go for seemingly no cause. You might want to install a fuse-blade-type circuit breaker (about less than $10 at Auto Zone). Also, if the fuse holder contacts are dirty or corroded that will blow a fuse. ....

TC29D Electrical issues

View my Photos
brady495

2010-02-27          168862

I checked the 30a fuse and its good. While doing this I cleaned a few connections and now the glow plug light comes on again. I do now have 12v at the ignition switch with key off and another location on the switch with key on. However when I fully engage the key to start I do not have 12v on either of the other two leads which I assume one sends 12v to the solenoid. Should I assume this is an ignition switch problem?? ....

TC29D Electrical issues

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-02-28          168871

You CAN assume that, but in my experience replacing 4 switches in 400 hours--that's not the issue. It goes much deeper. So join the club. I haven't figgered it out with 870 on the clock.

Have you checked the connectors on the left side rear wheel well near the bottom? Sometimes that disconnects the operator presence safety system. Other than electrical gremlins that beset these machines I'm pleased with mine. ....

TC29D Electrical issues

View my Photos
brady495

2010-04-07          169830

Well my ignition switch was bad. Also found a disconnected wire under the left rear wheel. Fixed both and all is well! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login