Go Bottom

Some More TC40D questions

View my Photos
thehaunter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-06          169008

I have to thank you all again for being awesome. It really, really helped me familiarize myself with my machine

1. I noticed that my flashers and turn signals work, my headlights etc, but not my rear tail lamps. I did look at the manual and see that the fuse box is somewhere near the dashboard etc, but didn't see it.

A) The fuse listing in the manual says "headlamp fuse" but I don't see a tail lamp one. If the headlights work, should the tail lights work too or is there a seperate fuse that you know of.

B) There is a funny lever below the steering wheel that seems to want you to pull up on it, but I can't pull it up, would the fuses be behind there, or shouldn't I mess with the lever. It's like right below the steering wheel. Being that it doesn't want to budge I didn't mess with it anymore for the fear that I would pull it up and the wheels would fall of or something, that's MY luck.

I did see that the tractor has a master fuse on the side, but was intelligent enough to leave that one alone HAHA.

Not sure where to start, I don't see any immediate wiring problems and doubt that the tail lamps would both be burnt out but again, if it's MY luck, I never know what to expect.

Thanks in advance guys.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-07          169009

I don't know your particular tractor but will toss out a couple of thoughts.

The lever under the steering wheel may be a tilt control for the column/wheel. On JDs they tend to bind up.

Regarding the tail lights, I restore old pinball machines. Sort of a non sequitur, but these machines each have several strings of lamps, sometimes 12-15 per string. On one machine an entire string was out. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out what was wrong. You guessed it, all 14 bulbs were out. Check the lamps first! It could be that the bulbs are burned out or even missing. Stranger things have happened. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-07          169011

Lever: go back to my post about the steering wheel and the lever.

Fuses: they tend to get corroded and even if they look good they may not be getting good contact.

Sounds like the electrical gremlins have found another home---could be a control module or connecxtor contacts or bad switch which collect dust easily siunce they are not made for outdoor use like the ignition switch. ....

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-07          169019

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I finally figured out the lever. I had to turn the center of the steering wheel and then it would let me adjust the tilt steering. What a goofy thing that is LOL.

I'll start with the bulbs. The only way I figure I can get into the fuse box is to take a bolt out below the steering wheel, half way down to the floor of the unit and see if it's under the housing. I checked the wires as far as I could see them, everything looks as it should.

I also looked at some previous posts and saw that nightmare thread regarding water getting into the fuses, I surely hope it has a cover on it.

I located all of the greese fittings, sounds like I'll have to take the day off when I lube all 39 of them LOL. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2010-03-08          169039

I'm fairly sure your next-size-up-than-mine does not have any fuses under the cowling--there are though a host of relays, diodes, control modules, etc. But no fuses. Mine are located in a central fuse box on the right hand firewall, and a main fuse on the other side in the form of a loose, 2-wire pigtail. ....

View my Photos
thehaunter

2010-03-08          169051

I honestly don't know, I checked the manual and nothing was stipulated. I thought that a fuse area would be ridiculous to house in a location that would be entirely aggravating to access.

THE GOOD NEWS THOUGH! I'm kind of embarrassed to tell you this.

Removed the red filters from both tail lamps and WALLAH!

The left bulb wasn't plugged in properly, now it is and it works fine.

The same goes to the right one, it was literally just laying inside, rolling around. That one was put back in and oh yeah, I have tail lamps and don't have to go any further.

I went out today and moved the stone around that I destroyed in my driveway and also smoothed out some ground that was torn up. I was AMAZED at how much power these loaders have. When I ran a Bobcat I expected it, but found myself very surprised at how this tractor (and probably all tractors like this) move dirt and rock so easily.

You would have driven by and thought I was a pro on this thing, I think I finally got it. Now I'm trying to gentle the way I move the lever. It's decent but I think I could be a little more fluid with the movements.

I'm really glad I got on here and asked for advice, not sure if I mentioned it, but I have that new ROPS pin coming in the mail, can't wait to have it 100%

OHHHHHH, the only other thing that concerned me is that the rear Woods mower lowered itself over a period of time when the motor was off. My buddy moved it out of the garage to work on the house and left it up.

Is that normal? I don't see any fluid leaking, the lines are perfect and it runs 100%

Very strange. It didn't happen quickly, it was over an hour or so. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login