Go Bottom

TZ25 turns over but will not start

View my Photos
wadesflyinw
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-17          174626

I have a TZ25 with 129 hours on it. I bought a brush mower for it which I have used 3 times. I used it a couple of weeks ago and the tractor quit running, however if I lifted the brush mower it would start and keep running (moving only slowly). I changed oil, and did a thorough check. I could not find anything loose or out of the ordinary. I checked fuel filter and it looks clear.

After oil change it ran better, used it again yesterday – had same issue. Got it back to the garage turned it off thinking it might be getting warm, now it will not start at all. I get all my indicator lights, and it turns over, but it will not start.

About a month ago it started doing something strange. When parking it and turning off, even though its in neutral with the brake on it continues to sound the safety beep beep beep for an extended period of time.

Could it not starting be a safety sensor issue?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TZ25 turns over but will not start

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-21          174704

You might have it going by now and I don't know your tractor but some thoughts.

The brush mower, is it on the 3 pth or mid mount? How do you lift it with the tractor off?

What kind of transmission does it have? If it has a HST have you check the oil in it and or changed it and its filter? If manual transmission have you checked its oil?

Sure you are getting full fuel flow? Have you tried losing the line and see if it flows freely?

Are you sure the mower is turning freely?

My only other thought is it could be a safety switch that has gone bad or out of adjustment. But don't see how that would cause it to only move slowly. Which leaves me at my last thought, could your shifter have slipped somehow where it is not in the gear or range it looks to be and also not disengaging the safety switch? You may get someone to work the shifter to be sure the linkage is all moving especially where it enters the transmission.

Hope you success. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login