Go Bottom

TN65D New Holland wont start

View my Photos
jgarner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-21          176933

I have a 2000 New Holland TN65D that wont start. It ran fine 5 days ago. I drained the fuel, replaced the filter and it still wont start. Turns over ok. My Tractor has the Fiat 3 cylinder diesel engine. Any ideas or troubleshooting techniques that I should try?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-21          176936

Did you bleed it properly after the fuel servicing? Does it spin rapidly?

If it's not fuel or battery/starter, I'd look to the fuel injectors or more likely the pump, but first measure the compression if you can. ....

View my Photos
jgarner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-02-21          176940

Thank you for your response. I am not sure of the proper bleed procedures. The engine turns over normally. Also, do you know where the fuel pump is located? ....

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-02-21          176941

On my tc33d, I turn the fuel off, remove sediment bowl, turn fuel on to rid any water, shut fuel off. Install new filter and turn fuel on. Then to bleed the system I follow the fuel line to the pump and find the bleed screw. Open the screw until fuel runs freely, then close. This insures that fuel is to the pump with no air. If you try to start it without bleeding, air will be in the pump and injector lines. Other people will hopefully what to do next. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2011-02-21          176944

If you don't know how to bleed it, the problem is likely air in the fuel line, by now downstream of the filter. Probably requires bleeding at the pump and at the injectors, for which it would be helpful for you to have a manual. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login