Go Bottom

TZ24DA verses Boomer 20 or 25 Fuel Filter

View my Photos
rwacho
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-02          184510

I noticed that NH changed the type of primary fuel filter from an in-line SBA360720070 on the TZ24DA to a separator type MT40207336 (Water trap?)on the new boomer 20/25.

The reason I ask is I changed my inline filter twice this year because of biological growth. So is the new style a better alternative?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-02          184514

Rwacho,

The bowl-style filter will not solve any problems. It will simply delay the problems.

In-line filters do not allow for a water trap. However, a water trap is not necessarily needed.

Most fuel problems are caused by condensation.......this is is moisture which accumulates in the fuel tank due to frequent heating and cooling cycles.

Moisture in the fuel tank promotes the growth of bacteria.....a slimy, green, gooey mess.

Eliminate moisture problems in the fuel by following these steps:

1. Never park your tractor with a partially filled tank. Always top off your tank after each use. This eliminates any air space in the tank, preventing most moisture condensation problems.

2. If moisture problems continue, it is likely due to lack of use. The longer the tractor sits idle, the more likely that moisture will eventually accumulate in the tank. If this is the case.....fewer than 5 hours of use per month......then it may be necessary to add fuel conditioners to your tank after each use. Fuel conditioners will absorb some of the moisture. Biocides will kill any bacteria that may grow in the water.

A bowl on the filter is somewhat handy, as it allows the operator to actually see a problem. However, seeing a problem is a sure sign that these problems need to be addressed.......and if done properly, the bowl is no longer necessary.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
rwacho

2012-08-03          184525

Any recommended conditioners? ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-08-03          184526

"Power Service" silver bottle warm weather or "Power Service" white bottle for winter use. Available at Walmart. ....

Link:   Power Service

Picture Link

Go Top

Share This

Member Login