Go Bottom

New Holland TC33D stalls after warm up

View my Photos
baldwin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-02          184518

My TC33D has 950hrs. When it warms up to normal temp it misses then quits. I have changed fuel filter and bled system. When it cools it will start up again.
What is wrong?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
treeman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-02          184519

One thing to check is the fuel cap vent. ....

View my Photos
baldwin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-08-02          184520

Thanks treeman. I have checked that already. Any other ideas? ....

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-08-02          184521

Check the fuel shutoff solenoid.

The fuel shutoff coil is a simple copper winding. When it gets warm, the copper wires expand. When cooling, the copper wires contract. This repeated process eventually causes metal fatigue, resulting in a broken copper wire in the coil.

This problem normally shows up when warm, as the wires expand and cause an open in the circuit. When cool, the wires will once again shrink back and make contact with each other, allowing the coil to operate normally.

Immediately after the tractor quits, place a multimeter on the coil wires. Your meter should be set to read resistance.......or ohms. If open, your multimeter will show infinite resistance.....or a break in the copper winding. Place the coil in the fridge for a few minutes and read the meter again. The resistance reading should be low.....not quite zero. If this is the case, replace your shutoff solenoid coil.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2012-08-03          184523

Baldwin,

I forgot to mention.............

Kubota uses a two-stage solenoid coil.

The larger portion of the coil is called the "start" portion. The smaller coil (both contained in the same housing) is called the "hold" coil.

Therefore, the fuel solenoid plug on most Kubota tractors will have three connector pins. In most cases the "hold" coil is the one that will fail. The tractor will start, but will shut off soon thereafter.

This may also be true on your tractor.

Hope this helps.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2012-08-03          184532

Have you checked to see if fuel is coming out the tank when it cuts off? through the filter? Could be trash in the fuel tank. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login