Go Bottom

New Holland 930GH backhoe

View my Photos
justjim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-10-08          198784

I'm not writing this to bash New Holland. It's for anyone who buys this backhoe to make sure you look it over and if there is the slightest of leaks from the cylinders (especially swing cylinders) get it looked at before the warranty runs out. There are 2 pivot pins for the hoe. An upper and a lower. They are not the same. The upper has the grease zerk sticking up about 1/4 inch or less, that is part number SML53697. The lower is the same size but has the zerk recessed in the pin. That part number is SML53694. When I bought mine which took about 6 months to get, they assembled it with 2 upper pins. By doing this it makes the cylinder rods rub on the zerk because it is not recessed. It wore grooves in the rods, then took out the seals. New Holland will not even talk to you about it if it is out of warranty. No Service Rep will even look at it. Cylinders are $865.00 ea. None in the US at this time. Rods are $400. ea. None in US at this time. Packing kits are $110.00 ea. and are in stock. Just my feeling, New Holland should pay for fixing it because they built it with the wrong lower pivot pin. In warranty or out. That would be no different than a recall for any other item that is defective from the factory. I am still scratching my head as to why it didn't break the zerk. I've broken them just getting the grease gun loose.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
KenGrown

2019-10-08          198785

Thanks for this information. ....

Link:   farm tractors specs

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-10-10          198788

I wouldn't be going back to the dealership for this kind of repair.

Any decent hydraulics shop can do the repair in no time and for a LOT less than just replacing the cylinders.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
justjim

2019-10-11          198789

Thanks for your input. I did take them to a place near me that said they could fix them. I have no idea what the cost will be but I still have to take it to the dealer to get the new pivot pin installed. I have no way to safely do it myself. I don't know what will happen when the pin is pulled. I've never had to replace them before. Don't know if the top pin will hold it together or whether I will be wearing it all the way to the hospital. I do a lot of tree cutting since the Ash Borers have taken over my woods. I haven't had a good track record with the dead ones. Probably save a lot of pain and money by letting them do it. My dealer is pretty good, he'll work with me on it. He knows the situation, said if New Holland won't make it right he'd make it right with me. I'm fairly sure he will. Pretty good to me so far. I think his hands are tied because of the service rep. I would pay to talk to him. ....

View my Photos
Guffawscann

2020-03-08          198981

I have used 930GH backhoe before and they are quite good. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login